• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has Anyone Ever Seen Eddy Curry...

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/the-knicks-fix-1.812055/curry-only-here-to-take-up-space-1.2317818?print=true

The Knicks are already on the hook for half of Eddy Curry's $11.3M salary for this season. It was written into his contract that he get the lump sum payment in July, once it was official that he would not opt out of the final year of his contract.

So one way to look at a potential buyout plan just to remove him from the roster -- and practice -- is that you're working off just that remaining half. But don't expect the Knicks to have any interest in writing Curry yet another lump sum check. No, not when he showed up at training camp looking as if he is definitely on the wrong side of 300 pounds again.

Perhaps that explains why he dragged himself through a conditioning drill at the end of Saturday night's practice and then stepped out of a conditioning drill at the end of Sunday's practice.

Didn't Eddy tell us at Media Day on Friday that he was ready? I was assured by several players who kept tabs on him this summer that he was putting in work to prepare himself for a big year. A career-preserving year.

[bloghost note: I know, this is the annual Eddy's Not In Shape story. Write, rinse, repeat ]

Curry apparently had some tightness in his hamstrings, which means for the third straight year he couldn't finish two straight days of training camp. Mike D'Antoni has never made a secret of his disfavor for Curry's fitness allergy, so when he starts making excuses, you know it's pretty much over (so much for my proclamations on Knicks Night Live that Eddy would not only be ready, but he would start this season).

"It's not going to make me raise my eyebrows," Mike D'Antoni said, "because he hasn't played in three years."

~lw3