• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Call it homerism, stupidity, ignorance, or what have you...

HawkItus

Everyone is predicting mediocrity at best, but I don't think it works out that way. We started this journey with just being respectable. We followed that with an inferiority complex after Boston beat us in the playoffs. So we got our mental apptitude and attitude up to the task and turned that into a beatdown of the Celtics last year. We also had a similiar issue going on with Cleveland and namely Lebron James. We played them really tough last year and had we met them in the playoffs, most likely would have taken it to at least 7 IMHO. Welp, Lebron isn't in Cleveland anymore. He's in Miami with the rest of Voltron. The Hawks have experience with all 3 beating a Wade team in the playoffs, and owning the Bosh Raptors the last few seasons. Our only real nightmare is the Magic and if history is an example our guys will be more in tune with what it takes to beat Dwight and the guys this season. I think we'll maybe lose a few more games in the regular season due to competition, but the team overall should be better represented in the playoffs.

• Like 4

Everyone is predicting mediocrity at best, but I don't think it works out that way. We started this journey with just being respectable. We followed that with an inferiority complex after Boston beat us in the playoffs. So we got our mental apptitude and attitude up to the task and turned that into a beatdown of the Celtics last year. We also had a similiar issue going on with Cleveland and namely Lebron James. We played them really tough last year and had we met them in the playoffs, most likely would have taken it to at least 7 IMHO. Welp, Lebron isn't in Cleveland anymore. He's in Miami with the rest of Voltron. The Hawks have experience with all 3 beating a Wade team in the playoffs, and owning the Bosh Raptors the last few seasons. Our only real nightmare is the Magic and if history is an example our guys will be more in tune with what it takes to beat Dwight and the guys this season. I think we'll maybe lose a few more games in the regular season due to competition, but the team overall should be better represented in the playoffs.

I feel the same way. I believe the entire roster is energized and should be. Jamal will have a chip on his shoulder and he will surpass last season's performance. Al will have a heavy on the bench to get rowdy and Josh I believe will dominate more than ever. We will battle favorable with Boston and Miami, Orlando is the only team that concerns me.

• Like 2

I'm with you guy's 100%..... I still see us as the third best team during the regular season finishing behind miami and orlando, the bad thing about this though is both teams above us would be in our division and we would be the 5th seed

I honestly believe the way we went out last year was all due to matchups, and had we played cleveland or boston instead so many people would not be so down on us

Edited by IHeartAtlanta
  • Like 3