• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves' Hot Tub Time Machine

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Somebody get into a time machine and go back in time to this date:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/SLN/SLN200010030.shtml

After the top of the third inning, go into the dugout, and hand Bobby Cox this message:

"Bobby, hold onto this piece of paper for ten years. We know it's hard to imagine with your annual playoff ventures right now, but one decade from now, when you are about to retire, you will win your first playoff game in a half decade: it will arrive on the heels of a clutch home run by your center fielder. On that night, fill in the blanks of the name of your center fielder. We've filled in the blanks to give you a clue:

R _ _ _

_ _ K _ _ _

Feel free to start now, you won't believe it when you figure it out."

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

Somebody get into a time machine and go back in time to this date:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/SLN/SLN200010030.shtml

After the top of the third inning, go into the dugout, and hand Bobby Cox this message:

"Bobby, hold onto this piece of paper for ten years. We know it's hard to imagine with your annual playoff ventures right now, but one decade from now, when you are about to retire, you will win your first playoff game in a half decade: it will arrive on the heels of a clutch home run by your center fielder. On that night, fill in the blanks of the name of your center fielder. We've filled in the blanks to give you a clue:

R _ _ _

_ _ K _ _ _

Feel free to start now, you won't believe it when you figure it out."

~lw3

You know, what's always been amazing to me about that game is that as horrific as Ankiel was, Maddux was worse that game, and that's why we lost. Maddux, for all his regular season brilliance, was more or less a post-season turd in his career, especially in his 30's.

• Moderators

You know, what's always been amazing to me about that game is that as horrific as Ankiel was, Maddux was worse that game, and that's why we lost. Maddux, for all his regular season brilliance, was more or less a post-season turd in his career, especially in his 30's.

That is the way I remember it but when I look at the numbers he had a career 3.27 ERA in the post-season and had two really bad years for us and plenty more good ones. I am putting the 2000 and 2001 years as really bad. 1993 wasn't great but he was 1-1 so it didn't kill us. 1995-1999 were excellent.