• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With the preason coming to a close, the Hawks are ready to fly high.

AnthonyI11

Coming off a 53 win season, the Hawks look to improve even more this season and take the next giant step forward. The Hawks ended last season in pure dissapointment. Failing to win even a single game against the Orlando Magic in the second round. The front office became aware of the Hawks problems and made immediate action to take this team to the next level.

http://www.nba.com/hawks/feature/360_TV.html (Larry Drew Mic'd Up)

drew608-061110.jpg

Mike Woodson was fired and replaced by assistant coach Larry Drew. Many saw it as a cheap way to fill in the vacancy. I was one of them. Drew came in with a plan. He is very different than Mike Woodson in several ways. Mike Woodson believed in switching on every pick on defense, Larry Drew plays pressure man-to-man D with NO switching unless they have to. Mike Woodson had a good game plan going into games, but when it came down to the wire, all you saw was Iso Joe or Iso Jamal. Everyone in Atlanta hates it. Larry Drew has brought the motion offense to the ATL. So far in preseason it looks terrific when used. Joe Johnson is getting easier shots then he's had in the past 3 years. Young players like Jeff Teague and Jordan Crawford have stepped up and played brilliantly this preseson.

http://www.nba.com/hawks/feature/360_TV.html (Bob Rathbun/Joe Johnson Interview)

But what do the Hawks have to do to take that next step? I believe they have all the pieces to become a contender as long as they stick to there gameplan on offense. Joe Johnson needs to play more aggressively and be a teacher to young players. At the end of the season I see the Hawks winning 53+ games. There is no reason they shouldn't be able to accomplish this goal.

There will be no second round exit this year, as the Hawks look to spread their wings and fly!

slam_138_atlanta_hawks.jpg

.....And lose by 50 on every road game.

By far the best post I've seen on here :worshippy:

Sarcasm intended :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

• Moderators

Sounds good. I hadn't realized that Teague and Craw jr. had played briliiantly but that's good. I hope Jordan Crawford gets minutes. Its not like we're chock full of scorers. Jamal and Joe can go cold. It'll be good to have a gunslinger off the bench.

• Premium Member

Coming off a 53 win season, the Hawks look to improve even more this season and take the next giant step forward. The Hawks ended last season in pure dissapointment. Failing to win even a single game against the Orlando Magic in the second round. The front office became aware of the Hawks problems and made immediate action to take this team to the next level.

http://www.nba.com/hawks/feature/360_TV.html (Larry Drew Mic'd Up)

drew608-061110.jpg

Mike Woodson was fired and replaced by assistant coach Larry Drew. Many saw it as a cheap way to fill in the vacancy. I was one of them. Drew came in with a plan. He is very different than Mike Woodson in several ways. Mike Woodson believed in switching on every pick on defense, Larry Drew plays pressure man-to-man D with NO switching unless they have to. Mike Woodson had a good game plan going into games, but when it came down to the wire, all you saw was Iso Joe or Iso Jamal. Everyone in Atlanta hates it. Larry Drew has brought the motion offense to the ATL. So far in preseason it looks terrific when used. Joe Johnson is getting easier shots then he's had in the past 3 years. Young players like Jeff Teague and Jordan Crawford have stepped up and played brilliantly this preseson.

http://www.nba.com/hawks/feature/360_TV.html (Bob Rathbun/Joe Johnson Interview)

But what do the Hawks have to do to take that next step? I believe they have all the pieces to become a contender as long as they stick to there gameplan on offense. Joe Johnson needs to play more aggressively and be a teacher to young players. At the end of the season I see the Hawks winning 53+ games. There is no reason they shouldn't be able to accomplish this goal.

There will be no second round exit this year, as the Hawks look to spread their wings and fly!

slam_138_atlanta_hawks.jpg

hmmm......someboody's been in the liquor cabinet

hmmm.........someb