• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We keep doing it ...........................................

Gray Mule

Well, the Hawks did it again. Going up against a lesser team (Ain't it great that we now consider

our team to be superior to a lot of NBA teams!) the Hawks won - - - again. Ho Hum. When do

we face the REAL competition?

Add to that - - We're doing it on the road. And, we are missing a starting and a bench small foreward.

Boy, if we ever face the REAL competition of the NBA, woe is us.

Face it. We're building a nice cushion before we face the big boys. And, we're doing it, for the most

part, without the assistance of our all star. Hopefully, he's saving it all up for later. It's nice to see

his hiney sitting on the bench while he's cold and the bench making hay with our opponents.

Keep carping. Keep complaining. Keep winning. Don't you just love it!!!

GO HAWKS :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well, the Hawks did it again. Going up against a lesser team (Ain't it great that we now consider

our team to be superior to a lot of NBA teams!) the Hawks won - - - again. Ho Hum. When do

we face the REAL competition?

Add to that - - We're doing it on the road. And, we are missing a starting and a bench small foreward.

Boy, if we ever face the REAL competition of the NBA, woe is us.

Face it. We're building a nice cushion before we face the big boys. And, we're doing it, for the most

part, without the assistance of our all star. Hopefully, he's saving it all up for later. It's nice to see

his hiney sitting on the bench while he's cold and the bench making hay with our opponents.

Keep carping. Keep complaining. Keep winning. Don't you just love it!!!

GO HAWKS :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Honestly, I think the Hawks are using a pretty good strategy, by utilizing the bench when we are playing "less threatening" teams. Honestly, a win is win. Afterall, looks as if this year, we will have a huge problem with injuries therefore the bench has to be ready when called. Let's Go Hawks!!!

... Beatin' so-called "lesser teams" in a business kind of fashion sits just fine with me, because it's a sign of maturity and obvious quality...

I agree that we're yet to be truly tested, but I don't have any doubt that we'll be able to raise to any challenge.

Just keep believin' in LD's system and keep executing... if everybody sticks with the plan we'll finally start playin' basketball that can maximize potentials of our core players and our roster! :conversation:

• Like 1

Honestly, I think sometimes psychologically it's harder to beat the "easy" teams. 1. It's an easy team we don't need to try, 2. there's NO ONE HERE watching. and 3. who care's if we lose we can beat them in a series. So i think the fact that we're still winning these games and putting in our effort each night is a good sign. We also get to develop the bench more and give our rookies playing time

• Like 1

The Hawks have never had a problem showing up to play the good teams during the regular season, they always get up to play the good/great teams even if they don't win they have a good showing. The problems they've had is winning on the road and losing to teams that are bad, and playing down to the competition...so far so good this season.

Some want to discount the 6-0 record saying we haven't played anybody, fine that maybe true, but the schedule is what it is. Experts always say the sign of a good team is beating the teams you are supposed beat and that's what the Hawks have done so far (and especially on the road).

What I'm impressed with the most so far is that despite the "new coach, new offense" we are clicking both on offense and defense (with lots of room for improvement) , which means the players are buying into the system and they're playing off each other well and are comfortable with each other.....it's still early but I like what I'm seeing so far.

• Premium Member

Even though these games don't count in the eyes of many Hawks fans, it must be noted that we are beating these teams easily under adverse circumstances. If you notice in virtually all of the games, a few thing stick out.

1. It seems like every team that we have played had a player to shoot out of their minds against us who normally doesn't shoot that well like Darrel Arthur, A.I., Andray Blatche, JJ Hickson, Wesley Johnson etc. And we still over came it and won

2. We have already have had multiple injuries most notably to both our Small forward but yet have not missed a beat

3. Joe Johnson is just off with his shot and in the past we struggled with out Joe carrying the team even against bad teams. This year we have been able to sit him when things aren't going well for him.

4. We have played a murderous schedule travel wise. I think that we have traveled 8 times in the 10 games and yet we still win comfortable except in the back to back game against the pistons.

5. We have gotten behind in some of these games and there has been no panic with this team or coaching staff, even with the back ups in the game.

6. And finally, we have been able to finish all of the games and put teams away in the last 4 minutes of the 4th quarters something that we didn't see on a consistent basis even against bad teams last year. Remember last year we had to shoot a number of game winners because we blew leads last year. Also, We were not always victorious against poor team i.e. we were 0-3 against the Knicks and 2-2 against Detroit last year.

Flame away nay sayers!

• Like 2