• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Auburn's Chances

DJlaysitup

Even without the Cameron stuff I would say that the odds are against Auburn making it to the National Championship game.

They have to beat UGA at their place.

beat Alabama at Tuscaloosa.

and win the SEC title game.

I can't believe they can win all three of those games. If they do - good on em and I will pull for them in the BCS final...just doubt it will happen.

UGA is a joke this year, Auburn should handle them without much issue. Auburn can lose to Alabama and still be a lock for the SECCG. But yes, they obviously have to win at The Dome to get into the BCSCG. I think their odds are pretty darn good...

This coming from a Gators fan, btw.

Edited by WakaFlocka

• Moderators

I agree with the original poster. They have a very hard schedule remaining and if they pull it off then good on them. UGA is a secondary rivalry game (they are the rival team from the West UGA plays every season) and UGA isn't so untalented that it would be much more of a shock than the Cleveland Browns beating the Saints and Patriots. If they beat UGA (which they clearly should), I'd like to see them win it all but Alabama will be a tough matchup and the SEC championship will be another challenge (although that should be easier than winning in Tuscaloosa).

If Auburn goes down only once, it will be very interesting to see who ends up where. Auburn would probably be the #1 1-loss team by SOS when selections are made for the bowls.

LSU doesn't have even a theoretical chance to make the SEC title game. They won't be considered for the title.

Yes they do and it's been done before....Nebraska went into the National Championship game without winning their conference or playing in their conference championship game.

It'd been done - BCS - "anybody but Boise"

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Moderators

Yes they do and it's been done before....Nebraska went into the National Championship game without winning their conference or playing in their conference championship game.

It'd been done - BCS - "anybody but Boise"

First, no LSU didn't have even a theoretical chance of making the SEC championship game if Auburn was a 1 loss team.

Second, I know it has been done but it was an embarrassing disaster. If Auburn is a 1 loss team that means it either won the SEC championship and lost to Alabama or lost in the SEC championship game. I just seriously doubt we see this happen again.

Nebraska and Oklahoma both made ***es of themselves when they got a pass into the championship game without qualifying for their conference championship. I just don't see it happening for LSU.

Nebraska and Oklahoma both made ***es of themselves when they got a pass into the championship game without qualifying for their conference championship. I just don't see it happening for LSU.

Oklahoma qualified for their conference championship. The just lost to Kansas State in the championship game. Nebraska on the other hand did not qualify.

• Moderators

Oklahoma qualified for their conference championship. The just lost to Kansas State in the championship game. Nebraska on the other hand did not qualify.

You are absolutely right. Since they lost 35-7 to Kansas State, I completely forgot they showed up!

One false move and it's the LeGarrette Blount Bowl (Boise St. vs. Oregon) for the title.

~lw3

No way Boise gets in the BCSCG. We've all seen 1 loss teams get in before Boise and I don't see that trend breaking this year.