• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks are done............unless

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

they make a roster adjustment at PG and at C. Once again management failed this team with hiring a damn rookie coach that dont have a clue and not acquiring the players needed to compete at a championship level.

We do NOT need Melo or any huge trades, we need veteran role players and especially at the point, I dont know what the deal is with Teague but let him play or make a deal, cause the others cant play the one guard.

I'm not convinced in any way that Drew is an upgrade over Woody, if anything he is a setback.

Not the fault of the point guard play, Bibby or Teague, on the last loss.

When you can't score, you can't win. Simple as that.

Last game, both our all star and our 6th man of the year failed to do their part in the scoring.

Our center leads the NBA in field goal %. Last game he had 20 points and 20 rebounds. Not bad.

Coach wants an up tempo game with loads of energy. That's the way this team is built. Notice

how we were not playing up tempo. In fact, they all played as if they were tired. Can't blame

our coach for that.

Yeah. I want them to win a lot more, too. Sometimes, they look so bad. Then, they can turn around

and look so good. Don't know why this happens, but we all know that it does.

:whistling:

• Like 3

Not the fault of the point guard play, Bibby or Teague, on the last loss.

When you can't score, you can't win. Simple as that.

Last game, both our all star and our 6th man of the year failed to do their part in the scoring.

Our center leads the NBA in field goal %. Last game he had 20 points and 20 rebounds. Not bad.

Coach wants an up tempo game with loads of energy. That's the way this team is built. Notice

how we were not playing up tempo. In fact, they all played as if they were tired. Can't blame

our coach for that.

Yeah. I want them to win a lot more, too. Sometimes, they look so bad. Then, they can turn around

and look so good. Don't know why this happens, but we all know that it does.

:whistling:

Exactly. people need to realize that while our pgs are a problem, its not our only problem holding this team back from winning.

Edited by WhassupHawks

As an avid Atlanta fan I want them to win every game, but the reality is that they will not. Talent has not been the issue this year, but mindset is. Back in 2008 I had the pleasure of working with a young NBA center, small forward and Euro-league player (nondisclosure agreement). Some in my group worked on their physical abilities, but I personally worked on their mental state. Each player has since become a better player. The center is one of the top centers when healthy and the small forward is still in the league, when at the time of our meetings he was headed for the d-league or early retirement and the Euro- player is doing well there.

Hawks lack in the mental ability to get over the hump. Remember when the NHL Kings brought in Tony Robbins...they won a championship after that! These guy (except maybe Horford) need someone who can channel their ability to mentally defeat their own doubts or shortcomings. It will take time, but as soon as they change their minds, they will become an elite team.

• Like 1

As an avid Atlanta fan I want them to win every game, but the reality is that they will not. Talent has not been the issue this year, but mindset is. Back in 2008 I had the pleasure of working with a young NBA center, small forward and Euro-league player (nondisclosure agreement). Some in my group worked on their physical abilities, but I personally worked on their mental state. Each player has since become a better player. The center is one of the top centers when healthy and the small forward is still in the league, when at the time of our meetings he was headed for the d-league or early retirement and the Euro- player is doing well there.

Hawks lack in the mental ability to get over the hump. Remember when the NHL Kings brought in Tony Robbins...they won a championship after that! These guy (except maybe Horford) need someone who can channel their ability to mentally defeat their own doubts or shortcomings. It will take time, but as soon as they change their minds, they will become an elite team.

I agree 100 percent. Its a mental thing with these guys. They have the talent. We are in every game we have played this year. We have the motion offense. They dont have IT or that Swagger the dynasty Bulls had or the Lakers or big 3 Celtics had during their run to the title. Or the SWAG the Celtics had in last years playoffs.

They need to go into the games KNOWING they are going to win and to play like it.

• Premium Member

Funny that you mention Horford like that. You can see it can't you?

I'm not a professional player, coach, GM, commentator, analyst...but I know that the NBA is as much mental as it is physical. The thing that separates the bad from the good, and the good from the great is a mental edge. Certain guys are just determined to win. They are determined to be better and they do what it takes. It doesn't hurt that they are...yeah pretty talented and probably more so than others. But there are plenty of players (Marvin Williams) that have loads of talent that never reach their potential because they just don't have the fire of a champion.

Joe has some of it, but he's sucking right now. Bibby had it, but he's getting older and slower. Smoove has the fire, but he needs to work on the wrinkles in his game and in his attitude. Al Horford is the only player on this team that truly has it and he's playing out of his mind right now.