• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This team won't get anywhere until we start getting physical

macdaddy

• Moderators

It was a good defensive effort in the second half but we didn't get under their skin. You can't just let guys get layups. Its the simplest thing in the world and lord knows we have enough stiffs to absorb the fouls. Zaza, Collins, Evans, Wilkins, Teague, Marvin need to be hammering people when they get to the basket. I know some people don't like this kind of basketball but honestly we would have won this game if we had put some hard fouls on the big three. Don't get me wrong you have to play solid defense but when you're beat someone has to show up and make them feel it.

• Like 1

It was a good defensive effort in the second half but we didn't get under their skin. You can't just let guys get layups. Its the simplest thing in the world and lord knows we have enough stiffs to absorb the fouls. Zaza, Collins, Evans, Wilkins, Teague, Marvin need to be hammering people when they get to the basket. I know some people don't like this kind of basketball but honestly we would have won this game if we had put some hard fouls on the big three. Don't get me wrong you have to play solid defense but when you're beat someone has to show up and make them feel it.

Horford put a foul on LeBron that looked worse than it was. It had the Miami Heat announcers going crazy "now thats a flagrant one! and yes they called it!!" Of course it wasn't a flagrant one, and it took them until after LeBron shot his second free throw to figure it out...

It's because of lack of offensive execution Hawks came out short last night, at that's their problem against the best teams in the league: poor offense and in effect lack of energy and giving up easy points in transition or on the free throw line. Smoove and Marvin disappeared in the second half and Mike had no open shot late in the game which is shame because he usually doesn't miss in the clutch plus Al take only one shot in the fourth on the day he couldn't miss. This (and Josh' attitude) has to be address to make the next step.

And once again teams starts without energy for which starting Jordan could be the answer.