• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bad quote

tbhawksfan

“They’ve been together for a long time so they know what it takes to win down the stretch,” Josh said. “They’ve been in so many close games together. It’s kind of unfair to play against a team like that.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2010/12/11/atlanta-hawks-spurs-108-hawks-92/?cxntfid=blogs_hawks

I'd much rather he concentrate on helping to make the Hawks as good a TEAM as them instead of whineing that it's unfair.

“They’ve been together for a long time so they know what it takes to win down the stretch,” Josh said. “They’ve been in so many close games together. It’s kind of unfair to play against a team like that.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2010/12/11/atlanta-hawks-spurs-108-hawks-92/?cxntfid=blogs_hawks

I'd much rather he concentrate on helping to make the Hawks as good a TEAM as them instead of whineing that it's unfair.

Fans tend to read too far into post-game interviews as if there is always something meaningful to infer. I wouldn't take much from this quote; I doubt his "whining" took away from his ability to "concentrate on the TEAM" -- he only played 13 mins after halftime anyway due to the hamstring -- so his mental state didn't have much bearing on the game one way or the other.

• Like 1

He's just giving the Spurs props. No team in the NBA is going to beat them if they play the way they played in the fourth against us. It's why they have the best record in the league. Josh is just pointing out the evident.

Funny, I was just coming over to post this exact same quote, but I have a different beef, namely...“They’ve been together for a long time so they know what it takes to win down the stretch..."

Um, hasn't this core been together going on several years now? Isn't it time THEY learned how to win down the stretch? Awful.