• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jordan Crawford was a wasted pick

HawkItus

Even with limited appearances and a short hook as a 3rd string guard, his 4.7 PPG is greater than the scoring rates contributed by Mo Evans, Jeff Teague, and Zaza Pachulia. His 4.7 PPG is also higher than four of the 14 lottery selections (Ekpe Udoh, Gordon Hayward, Cole Aldrich, Patrick Patterson), all but two of the 14 non-lottery first-rounders (Eric Bledsoe, James Anderson), and all but one (Landry Fields) of the 36 draft selections that followed him.

There were a lot of wasted picks in the 2010 NBA Draft. Jordan Crawford is not proving to be among them. He is not expected to contribute much (thankfully), and given his forte as a scorer, what he has contributed exceeds virtually every other choice the Hawks could have made. Even supposing his greatest value to the Hawks is as part of a trade, if he had any value as a trade commodity at draft time, it can only be enhanced with continued professional tutelage and solid performance relative to his draft peers.

~lw3

Word. Excellent post.

I don't know how the Spurs do it, but they always get the best out of their draft picks.

the spurs have what we don't have.... leadership. They play hard every night for 48 mins... and I'm sure that rubs off on every player on their roster.

Edited by Mdizzle5

• Premium Member

I agree with the OP. I have real doubts that the coaching staff will let JC2 see much court time next year either, and even if they do, his upside is simply not that great (6th man).

If you're "stashing" a player, go with a big man. The chance of him being a bust is far greater, but you've lost little in terms of assets.

the spurs have what we don't have.... leadership. They play hard every night for 48 mins... and I'm sure that rubs off on every player on their roster.

They draft players who are ready (college seniors). Our MO is drafting players who have good to very good potential but not a lot of now. Teague potential is the highest on the team sans Horford. Crawford can be a good player in three to four years.

They draft players who are ready (college seniors). Our MO is drafting players who have good to very good potential but not a lot of now. Teague potential is the highest on the team sans Horford. Crawford can be a good player in three to four years.

I think it goes beyond ready... Sheldon would probably do alright on the spurs...same with Acie.

I think it goes beyond ready... Sheldon would probably do alright on the spurs...same with Acie.

Probably. They would have roles with them. With Atlanta, they would have to do too much. Atlanta lack of fit kills role players.

if the Hawks were trying to win a championship this season they would have spent the MLE. The magic are spending 40 million dollars more on payroll than the Hawks this season- if you want to win a championship then the easiest way to advance to that goal is to sign players that would help you.

You know what is even worst? Paying more to remain the same. Just what they did.