• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Snowy day in the ATL

frosgrim

What a great snowy day here in Atlanta.

My kids are ecstatic. Spent the last couple of hours sledding, snowballing and generally playing in the snow. My 15 year old grew up in Connecticut so she misses this sort of snowfall. My 6 year old doesn't remember Conn, so this is her first real snow (Christmas was good, but this is a lot better).

My dog got to play with 5 other dogs in the neighborhood and is now laying down snoring.

Lots of fun in Atlanta today. Hope everyone else is having fun too.

:snowballfight:

What a great snowy day here in Atlanta.

My kids are ecstatic. Spent the last couple of hours sledding, snowballing and generally playing in the snow. My 15 year old grew up in Connecticut so she misses this sort of snowfall. My 6 year old doesn't remember Conn, so this is her first real snow (Christmas was good, but this is a lot better).

My dog got to play with 5 other dogs in the neighborhood and is now laying down snoring.

Lots of fun in Atlanta today. Hope everyone else is having fun too.

:snowballfight:

I went out at about 10:00am (work was cancelled) and figured it would be a war to clean off my car. Actually it wasn't that hard...4-5 inches of snow were compressed down to about 3 with a layer of ice over the top. I did make one mistake though...I cleaned off the car before the sleet/freezing rain stopped. Put on my backpack and made a walking beer run to Krogers for the sake of the BCS game.

Checked the car 3 hours later and it's encased in ice....would have been smarter to just let it finish. Oh well...I hope nobody got hurt today and the kids had a good time that they will remember. Surprisingly most ATL folks seemed to be taking the iced roads seriously. Walking about a mile to Krogers for a couple things I only saw about 6 cars slipping and sliding around. I did get to see a Jeep hit a sign though...slid all the way around and hit it backwards with the rear end...so much for 4WD on ice :rolleyes:

Edited by DJlaysitup

I went out at about 10:00am (work was cancelled) and figured it would be a war to clean off my car. Actually it wasn't that hard...4-5 inches of snow were compressed down to about 3 with a layer of ice over the top. I did make one mistake though...I cleaned off the car before the sleet/freezing rain stopped. Put on my backpack and made a walking beer run to Krogers for the sake of the BCS game.

Checked the car 3 hours later and it's encased in ice....would have been smarter to just let it finish. Oh well...I hope nobody got hurt today and the kids had a good time that they will remember. Surprisingly most ATL folks seemed to be taking the iced roads seriously. Walking about a mile to Krogers for a couple things I only saw about 6 cars slipping and sliding around. I did get to see a Jeep hit a sign though...slid all the way around and hit it backwards with the rear end...so much for 4WD on ice :rolleyes:

Yup 4WD means not a thing to ice. Learned that lesson early on in life. Some people here don't seem to know that lesson. Hoping I can get in to work tomorrow. Cabin fever is starting to settle in with the kids. I broke out the old PSII so they now have an entirely new game catalog to go through.