• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Andruw's Next Stop: The Bronx?

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110118&content_id=16453704&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Many Yankees fans have not forgotten Andruw Jones' grand entrance onto the national stage, belting two homers in Game 1 of the 1996 World Series as a 19-year-old Braves star.Now it appears the Yankees may be asking Jones to turn back the clock in pinstripes. After weeks of discussion, Andruw Jones and the Yankees appear to be moving closer to a one-year contract.

According to a baseball source, incentives and guaranteed money are being discussed between the two sides, and negotiations will continue Wednesday when Jones' agent, Scott Boras, will be in New York when the Yankees introduce Rafael Soriano.

The Yankees have interest in Jones, 33, as a fourth outfielder who would be capable of hitting for power as well as contributing defense.Yankees general manager Brian Cashman has had a right-handed-hitting outfielder on his shopping list for most of the winter, with Brett Gardner and Curtis Granderson both left-handed outfield bats.

Essentially, Jones would fill the role vacated by Marcus Thames, who is reportedly closing in on agreement with the Dodgers after the Yankees had concerns about his outfield defense.

Jones spent 2010 with the White Sox, his fourth Major League team and third in the last three years. Jones batted .230 with 19 home runs and 48 RBIs in 107 games for Chicago, playing all three outfield positions.

~lw3

Whatever, I know there was talk of Andruw coming back to the Braves after we let Diaz go and resigned Hinske, but the Yankees can have him at this point in his career.

Andruw was my absolute favorite player when I was growing up, though. And as nice as it'd be to see him as a Brave again, he's lost what once made him an elite CF.