• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What happens when you die?

DJlaysitup

Please don't get me wrong. I know it's possible for it to happen. Jesus raised himself from the dead, Lazarus, and Jairus' daughter. I truly believe it can happen. I'm just saying as a Christian, I'm skeptical. What is the reason God would allow someone to have a NDE? Many claim it's so they will change their lives and tell others to change theirs. I'm simply reminded of that story is all I was saying.

I know "all things are possible" with God. I'm just not sure how I feel about the validity of the claims is all.

I'm not talking possibilities because we're already discussing within Christian worldview.

I just want to point out that those resurrected people had the same "advantage" that you think people after NDE have over other people, which is confidence about true morality and afterlife. So if Jesus gave them this chance it can't be bad or unfair, same goes for those who had NDE.

Well of course we will all find out in due time...to remind all...my initial point was more about what happens when you die.

There has to be a discharge of energy IMO. It is a real conundrum though. It is difficult for me to try and figure out. I have a clue or two but it's like trying to put together a 1000 piece puzzle with only a couple or three pieces...(and not very good pieces at that :biggrin: ).

Edited by DJlaysitup

How that makes you skeptical about NDEs? This is allegoric prophesy about Jesus resurrection.

Jesus resurrected himself some people, Lazarus including.

I think the rich man and Lazarus parable is actually referring to the resurrection of Lazarus. I think this event specifically happened to prove to the Sanhedrin that Jesus was the messiah:

Luke 16:30  And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31  And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

The resurrection of Lazarus was "in the face" of the Sanhedrin, but they still failed to comprehend who Jesus was.

• Like 1