• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Drew is Already Backing Down - Lineup Changes on Hold

JackB1

Just a growing pain/ learning experience for Coach. He's still a little wet behind the wings. I think he knows now that he must measure his emotional post-game comments much more because he simply doesn't have the seniority to suggest controversial lineup changes or trades. He can do whatever with Marvin, no one cares much. But the decision to replace a (always questionably voted on) DPOY runner up for disciplinary reasons or a well (or at least once before) respected PG for a non-serviceable one just has to be filtered through owner and GM before him. You can't be painted as the Anti-Woody ("He never listened to anyone translation 'me'") then have these dramatic, knee-jerk reactions that Woody never had to try and look tough, granted we never had two historic losses this close together under Woody and this core. When Al comes back, all will be well, our venting will be over, and only Messy Marv will be the odd man out.

• Premium Member

I don't think the lineup would be the culmination of just the Philly loss. Remember, Drew mentioned that he wasn't feeling comfortable with the way things were for some time as evidenced by the fact he almost changed the starting lineup before. I think the Philly loss just brought things to a head. That being said, I think Bibby and Marvin are the likely candidates to get moved to the bench. My guess (and I could be wrong) is he'll go with the big lineup.

Edited by Jody23