• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why is it always Joe's fault?

Guest Squawker

No I wouldn't. I dream is to have money and the rings. Look what Lebron and Bosh did. JJ is selfish. It shows on the court and from my sources, he displays arrogants in the barber shop he goes to and his favorite restaurant. We ATL sports fans are to darn passive towards these players. The bottom line is, if you except that kind of money then step up to the plate and produce, no excuses. And if you does perform to that level, good for him, that is why you are getting paid top dollar, he gets no kudles. I have no sympathy for JJ. None what so ever. He is the 126 million reason why my city can not get a ring. PLUS, HE REALLY DOESN'T CARE, TRUST ME!

It is obvious that you have no sympathy for him. I don't have a source but having known the guy, he has NEVER come across as arrogant. He is one of the few NBA players that sees his profession for what it is as opposed to thinking he is God's gift to the world. Now is is selfish? Wow. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so it is what it is.

:beathorse:

JJ is a good player! JJ is a great player! JJ is an all star! JJ makes tons of money!

JJ is a great defensive player! JJ hands out assists by the bucketfull!

JJ is a super scorer! (But, unfortuantly, most nights this season his shot is off. He misses

his jump shot. Uncontested 3's will not fall. He's afraid to drive inside and draw contact and

a foul. He much rather toss up the teardrop and hope it goes. After the score gets completely

out of hand, then his shots will fall and this helps his shooting %.)

JJ does so much to ensure that his team wins every night. All the little things that no one sees,

It doesn't appear in the box score. No one knows what it is, but it's there. Listen to the talk.

They tell you all about this. :sarcastichand:

Why is it always JJ's fault? Heavens to Betsy. Surely no one believes that. It's never his fault.

After all, he is our all star! He's great! Look at all our victories! (On second thought, better

that you don't look at any of our recent games.)

Seriously. We are losing all these games and JJ is doing nothing to stop this losing. He is

supposed to be one of our leaders. Look where he's leading us.

:stirthepot:

Edited by Gray Mule

It is obvious that you have no sympathy for him. I don't have a source but having known the guy, he has NEVER come across as arrogant. He is one of the few NBA players that sees his profession for what it is as opposed to thinking he is God's gift to the world. Now is is selfish? Wow. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so it is what it is.

Give me one reason to have sympathy for him. Like I said before we have to hold all of our high prices super stars accountable, no matter what sport it is. I am from ATL, I really support our teams. The truth is, JJ is over paid. Night in and night out, he does not produce to level of what his pay check brings him. Because he is over paid, who would trade for him. JJ has left us STUCK. When I hear Yorkers cheer MVP, it makes me suck. I am not saying it is all JJ fault. What I am saying that if he truly cares about the Hawks, he would renegotiate has contract which would allow the Hawks to pick up more talent. JJ concern is for his pockets, that is why I call him selfish.

Joe Johnson is Pau Gasol. Great Robins. Sh**ty Batmans. Memphis fans knew Gasol could play but he's no superstar. Hawks fans generally feel the same way. The difference is, we have no Kobe on the horizon.

Give me one reason to have sympathy for him. Like I said before we have to hold all of our high prices superK stars accountable, no matter what sport it is. I am from ATL, I really support our teams. The truth is, JJ is over paid. Night in and night out, he does not produce to level of what his pay check brings him. Because he is over paid, who would trade for him. JJ has left us STUCK. When I hear Yorkers cheer MVP, it makes me suck. I am not saying it is all JJ fault. What I am saying that if he truly cares about the Hawks, he would renegotiate has contract which would allow the Hawks to pick up more talent. JJ concern is for his pockets, that is why I call him selfish.

I never said you should have sympathy for him. I also never said he wasn't overpaid. It is hypocritical to hold him to a standard no one else would. Why should he have asked to be paid less? Would you do that your current job? I am the highest paid employee at my job also. I'm not going to renegotiate my salary for their sake. I doubt any of us would. The NBA is a business. You can be mad at ASG for offering him the contract but how in the world does it make him selfish to sign it? If he had 300M in endorsements like Lebron that would be different. I just disagree with you claiming he is some smug, selfish, arrogant NBA player when he is actually the opposite.

Edited by 99PROBL3MS

I never said you should have sympathy for him. I also never said he wasn't overpaid. It is hypocritical to hold him to a standard no one else would. Why should he have asked to be paid less? Would you do that your current job? I am the highest paid employee at my job also. I'm not going to renegotiate my salary for their sake. I doubt any of us would. The NBA is a business. You can be mad at ASG for offering him the contract but how in the world does it make him selfish to sign it? If he had 300M in endorsements like Lebron that would be different. I just disagree with you claiming he is some smug, selfish, arrogant NBA player when he is actually the opposite.

What make him the opposite, please tell me. And yes Michael Jordan could have gone for the top salary when he was with Chicago, but be didn't. Chipper Jones told Braves to use some of his salary to bring more talent. We are a stuck franchise relying on Good player to take us to the promise land. JJ is very good, but not elite.

What make him the opposite, please tell me. And yes Michael Jordan could have gone for the top salary when he was with Chicago, but be didn't. Chipper Jones told Braves to use some of his salary to bring more talent. We are a stuck franchise relying on Good player to take us to the promise land. JJ is very good, but not elite.

Joe taking less money wasn't going to help us sign anyone else, it would have just made him more expendable. This team knew investing in Joe meant they would have to trade for a Melo, CP3, Dwight, Deron type in the future. They knew elite players want to play with him but he's not the person you build your team around.

That I even have to make this case is just a sad commentary on the state of Hawksquawk. If you have been watching the games you would know that the hawks are 37 and 26.

Joe Johnson has played in 22 of those 26 losses.

in those 22 losses his stats are:

17PPG

154 of 362 (42.5%) 7 of 16.5 average

20 of 95 from 3PT for (21%)

What is my point? 22 losses, on average Joe gets 17 points on 16.5 attempts (basically 1 point a shot), he's attrocious from 3.

these numbers are even skewed a little by a 23,23 and 34 point games in losses at the beginning of the season. After that point he's averaged less than 16 points a game in our losses. This means that when the Hawks need him, he's just average. That's not what a max player is. He's supposed to pick his team up, not just be average.

These numbers are extremely telling. compare it to Marvin's body of work during the year. Marvin is only taking 8.4 shots a game but is averaging 10.5 points a game. This means that Marvin is getting 1.25 points per attempt and we kill him nightly. Joe is getting 1.03 points per attempt in our losses. Chew on that....let it sit on your pallet and see if it doesn't make you want to vommit. Average Marvin offensive efficiency is 22% better than Joe's efficiency in our losses.

As a further comparison...Josh is 16.7 PPG on 13.6 attempts a game for the year (1.23 points per attempt). Al is 16.0 ppg on 12.3 attempts a game this year (1.30 points per attempt). Since joining the team, Kirk Hinrich is 11PPG on 8 attempts a game (1.375 points per attempt).

Now really really really chew on it...Joe is on average .21 to .37 points per attempt worse than each of these players averages when you look at Joe's performance in losses....16.5 attempts.... .3 points per attempt worse = 5 points a game. Now go through our losses and see how many games were we within 5 points in the last 3 minutes. That is why it's Joe johnson's fault.

14 of our losses are by 10 points or less. Joe Johnson is currently giving you no more than Stephen Jackson or last year's John Salmons but at 2 to 3 times the price.

Edited by thecampster

Joe taking less money wasn't going to help us sign anyone else, it would have just made him more expendable. This team knew investing in Joe meant they would have to trade for a Melo, CP3, Dwight, Deron type in the future. They knew elite players want to play with him but he's not the person you build your team around.

If Joe would give up 5 million of that 126 million, we could sign a decent center this year to be more competitive. He knows his game is off. He needs to show some grace and give up some dough. If we can get a decent center, that would take some the pressure(if he feels any) off him. Instead he would rather use up the shot clock(ball hogging), and shot up blanks. That is why I call him selfish.

The Campster

Very telling stuff. And, when you come down to it, figures don't lie. The truth is there

for everyone to see.

We rip Marvin. We cried at the end of the trade deadline because he was still a Hawk.

He's so terrible that no one wants him - Not at any price. Yep. Admit it. We are all guilty.

Yet, in all out losses, MW has out preformed JJ. Our all star. The one who walks on water.

The facts are the facts. They can't be changed. Yet, we have to ask, "Why is it JJ's fault?"

The Campster has fond the answer. Now, watch as we hear, "Yes, but - - " as we try to explain

it all away. :alcoholic:

• Premium Member

Would you rather him go 5-20 and keep shooting when hes off?

Joe knows when he is on and when he is he puts up big numbers. Plus he shouldn't have to try so damn hard to get in the lane and make a floater while his team just stands there..

Their are other players on this team who can put up Joe's numbers like Josh, Al and Jamal. But when something goes wrong who do we blame? Joe Johnson

Its not Joe's fault he got that contract. If you were in that position would you have told them no i dont want max money?

And Joe isnt the only big contract on this team. Josh and Al have some long and decently hefty contracts for themselves.

Joe Johnson is a great player that gets way to much blame then he should. We all know he isnt Lebron or Kobe or Durant. But he is the best player on our team.

You guys talked about Bibby getting us to where we are today as far as playoffs go. If you look further back it was Joe who got us here and almost shocked the world against Boston.

I think if the Hawks trade Joe we would be a 8 or 7th seed team. Too good for a draft pick. Probably to many big contracts for a big free agent knowing our management.

Thats just my opinion. Now please dont kill with me with negative reputation.

Your so right on this one. Joe playes hard on offense AND defense, and all the other four on the floor with him just stand around.

He;'s shot well for about 2 or 3 weeks all season.

He has been a bust this year.

The other four guys stand around because they have no idea what JJ is going to with the ball. It is a fact that JJ holds the ball to long trying to create space to pull up a shoot. Check this out. The elite players on team draw fouls(create contact) if they can't get to the baskets. I wonder how often JJ goes to the free throw line. JJ does not go strong to the basket, he takes his time(17-20 sec.) to find a shot. It is to late for the other players to react. Hopefully KIrk comes in give the ball to the true great player on the team, Al.

It is no question what Al is going to do with the ball. He post quickly or shot an open shot. If the shot is not there, he pass. He doesn't use majority of the shot clock in attempts to break down the defense. Kirk to Al should then JJ then Josh , should be how we start the game.