• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This team *can* beat everybody in the playoffs.

MVP23

I'm as down on the Hawks right now as I've been since before they made the Bibby trade. I hope I'm wrong but I can't see the Hawks competing with the Magic even after they panicked and blew up their team.

If the Hawks face the Magic in Round 1 color me suprised if they win 2 games.

The hawks are the same team without an identity they've been for years except now they are in dissaray.

Edited by gsuteke

Yes...and the sky is blue.

Anyone that can get into a tournament of any kind is able to beat everyone else in that tournament. It's proven every year in the ncaa tournament, everyone always knows there will be a Cinderella story the hard part is finding who it is. It is proven in the playoffs of the nba when the thunder as an eight see made the Lakers work. Or when the hawks as an 8 seed pushed the celts to seven. Or how about when the seahawks beat the saints despite having a losing record. Of course everyone in the playoffs can beat everyone else. Not believing that is plain ridiculous

We have the talent. Its just a matter of putting it together.That is all..

We have talent, yes, but we have too many holes/weaknesses to compete with the top 3 in our conference. We *can* beat anyone on a given night. Things happen in sports, and the best team doesn't always win. That's why basketball playoffs are based on series rather than individual games. But any chance is still a chance and as such, we have a small chance of winning a best of seven with any of those teams. However, our weaknesses are profound enough that they will almost certainly be exploited in a 7 game series, and even if we survive one series, we will be a very large underdog in the next. There aren't absolutes in sports, but there are probabilities, and nobody on this forum would wager anything substantial that the Hawks would get past the first round. Better yet, very few on this forum would take even 2:1 on our getting out of the first round. Almost nobody would put big money getting 5:1 on making it to the ECF.

BTW, if anybody wants that 5:1 on the ECF, pls personal message me ;)

Anyone that can get into a tournament of any kind is able to beat everyone else in that tournament. It's proven every year in the ncaa tournament, everyone always knows there will be a Cinderella story the hard part is finding who it is. It is proven in the playoffs of the nba when the thunder as an eight see made the Lakers work. Or when the hawks as an 8 seed pushed the celts to seven. Or how about when the seahawks beat the saints despite having a losing record. Of course everyone in the playoffs can beat everyone else. Not believing that is plain ridiculous

In an NCAA tournament it's a best of 1 series. In the NBA you have to beat a team FOUR TIMES in one series. That's why the NBA has the least amount of parity in all of sports when it comes to crowning champions.

But you're right you do have a better shot than you would if you didn't make it seeing how your shot if you don't make it is 0%. We have a puncher's chance vs the Magic if we play as well on the road in that series as we did in the regular season