• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Went to the game tonight.......

TampaHawk

First off......wow what a game! The Hawks never gave up tonight! We shot well, hustled, and for the most part .....took high percentage shots. I live in Tampa so it was a perfect opportunity to see a Hawks playoff game. What I didn't expect to see was that there were literally NO Hawks fans. I have never been to any major sporting event where I didn't see at least a few visitor jerseys in the stands. Does this surprise anyone, or is this pretty much the norm for Hawks away games? I just figured with it being the playoffs, and Orlando being so close to Atlanta, there would be a few die hards in the crowd. Did anyone from this board get to go tonight?

• Like 4

This is dated, but I remember going to see the Hawks play the Nuggets in Denver while I was stationed there in 79. I never felt so alone in my life. As you say, you would have figured maybe someone else from Atlanta was in town or had moved there. If so they were well hidden.

Edited by Endy9

I just figured with it being the playoffs, and Orlando being so close to Atlanta, there would be a few die hards in the crowd. Did anyone from this board get to go tonight?

Well since some guy nearly got beat to death in a parking lot for wearing an opponent's jersey recently - if I were there I think I would wear Carolina blue and just smile at the victory.

:rolleyes:

First off......wow what a game! The Hawks never gave up tonight! We shot well, hustled, and for the most part .....took high percentage shots. I live in Tampa so it was a perfect opportunity to see a Hawks playoff game. What I didn't expect to see was that there were literally NO Hawks fans. I have never been to any major sporting event where I didn't see at least a few visitor jerseys in the stands. Does this surprise anyone, or is this pretty much the norm for Hawks away games? I just figured with it being the playoffs, and Orlando being so close to Atlanta, there would be a few die hards in the crowd. Did anyone from this board get to go tonight?

I was there, got to the arena around 5 for the "block party", I saw a total of 7 Hawks fans throughout the whole night. I live in Orlando obviously and will be there again Tuesday, LETS GO HAWKS!!!

• Like 2