• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Magic fans still confident

Diesel

• Premium Member

Read

In another thread, I felt some truth being told.

Great post richboy but frankly I am not even going to justify this thread with a dignified answer.

I frankly am tired of people trying to float this absolutely silly idea that ANY coach can transform a teams offense to anything he wants by his "philosphy". Its just plain stupid.

Can a coach in Football determine he is going to go to a deep air attack without a quarterback that can throw deep?

In Soccer can a coach determine by his philosophy that he is going to turn his front four into "pele" or maradona by his "Philosophy"?

Why don't more Baseball managers change their philosophy so that their players can hit home runs?

As Rich pointed out Stan has used slashers when he has them. He Doesn't have any. Stan has used good Power forwards. We don't have any. Since this is obviously the usual despair over a loss (atlanta) then at least face the facts. They let Dwight get his BY DESIGN. They basically said we can shut down everyone else's game. They were right.

Time to bury this bogus nonsense that the reason our player hoisting threes is because its Stan's philosophy of Bball. You are just looking for an easy scapegoat and the coach is the easiest. They launch it and he allows it for one simple reason. NO one is worth a dime going to the basket on a consistent basis. There is no balance in the roster. If philosophy" can change a players capabilities then why bother goinf g after free agents at all. Obviously all you have to do is change "philosophy and you can change any player into Kobe or Wade or Amare. yes extreme examples but on every tier a player has his strengths and weakness and pphilopshy only take s you so far.

Stan ALWAYS takes responsibility for big losses so don' even try using that as some proof.

Not to be confrontational, but what did you expect going to another team's forum? Fans are generally optimists looking for a silver lining. I am a celtics fan that started posting here during the 07-08 playoffs and that year there were people who still thought the hawks had a chance when they were down 0-2. And it almost paid off for them.

• Premium Member

Not to be confrontational, but what did you expect going to another team's forum? Fans are generally optimists looking for a silver lining. I am a celtics fan that started posting here during the 07-08 playoffs and that year there were people who still thought the hawks had a chance when they were down 0-2. And it almost paid off for them.

I don't have a problem with silver lining talk. Especifally from fans... but:..

When you get:

"^^ You know who's the ONLY team in the playoffs to LOSE more games than they won since the All Star break? The same team who got SWEPT the last 2 years in the playoffs. The team who faced a fully healthy Magic squad just ONE time this season, and we happened to win that one game.

So yes, we ARE the better team. MAGIC IN 5"

What's that?

When you get:

"^^ You know who's the ONLY team in the playoffs to LOSE more games than they won since the All Star break? The same team who got SWEPT the last 2 years in the playoffs. The team who faced a fully healthy Magic squad just ONE time this season, and we happened to win that one game.

What's that?

Good analysis.

thats what.

When you get:

What's that?

What's that? Well, the first sentence is fact.

The second sentence is homerism, which is exactly what you get in every single team forum around the nba. To take these things personally or seriously is a waste of time. I guarantee that if you look hard enough, you will find even Pacers homers believing they can beat the bulls.

Edited by dlpin