• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How do we pay him?

Diesel

• Premium Member

I had a dream.

Hawks Celtics ECFs. It goes back and fourth like a few years ago. Somehow we win.. and it's because of the Crawford. He becomes exactly what his nickname suggests...

THE DIFFERENCE.

I woke up and thought about it...

How do we pay him?

My plan of course is Bye bye Marvin.

However, my wife and I were talking last night about a Hinrich/Smoove for CP3 trade in the offseason.

If we could then get some young big for Marvin (maybe Phoenix's Robin Lopez)... then we resign the Crawford, we'd be fierce.

• Premium Member

only way to trade Marvin is to get nothing in return. Cavs may bite with their TPE.

I'm not aganist that. But I think Phoenix may go for the Lopez trade simply because they need a PF/SF type and Lopez is expendable with Gortat being there.

I'm not aganist that. But I think Phoenix may go for the Lopez trade simply because they need a PF/SF type and Lopez is expendable with Gortat being there.

Nah, they have some ugly contracts in Childress, Warrick & Frye. They aren't taking any similar contract. And I doubt they will trade Lopez. They have their depth set at the 5 with him at Gortat. It's really hard to have that on this league this days.

I suggested this in another thread, but could the Clippers be motivated to move Kaman for something like Marvin, ZaZa and our 2013 1st? Kaman's a big expiring so he's possibly more valuable than that. My thoughts were:

Clippers do it because: Kaman is a solid center but too often injured. His value has certainly diminished over the years (other than the value of his expiring). The Clippers are built to win now and grow at the same time. Jordan has shown he can be their starting Center. Aminu hasn't shown he can be the starting SF. Marvin could play alongside Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan and give them a solid 3-4-5. Not world beaters, but good players. ZaZa gives the Clippers a legit backup Center and a tough one at that. The pick helps soften the pot of taking on Marvin's contract.

Hawks do it because: it rids them of Marvin's contract. If healthy, the Hawks starting 5 of Hinrich, Johnson, Smith, Horford, and Kaman looks very good. Even if Kaman can't play much this season, his large expiring is good for the team and could even be moved at the deadline