• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Drew : "My team didn't make the commitment..."

hawks21

Devastating quote:

"When I called that first timeout, 49 seconds into the game, I saw the (Bulls) energy level," Hawks coach Larry Drew would say two hours later. "I knew we were in trouble. I saw right then and there that my team didn't make the commitment. To be honest, that was very discouraging. Not even a minute into the game, to have a lack of effort ... there was something wrong."

It was a mistake to START MARVIN WILLIAMS or give him significant playing time. It should have been Damien Wilkins. Teague started the game 5-for-5 and matched Rose, but no one else among the Hawks's starters seemed ready to play.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Devastating quote:

It was a mistake to START MARVIN WILLIAMS or give him significant playing time. It should have been Damien Wilkins. Teague started the game 5-for-5 and matched Rose, but no one else among the Hawks's starters seemed ready to play.

The thing that I hated seeing was our guys jogging while their guys ran full speed.

Fellas...

THERE IS NO TOMORROW.

I think they need to talk to Jason Kidd, JT, and Dirk ...

Those guys will tell you, you only get 1 shot and to be in the position that we were in demands that we play HARD... RUN, not jog.

Somebody on this team will be with another team next year. Maybe the Wizards. Maybe the Warriors. Maybe the Wolves. You will be on a team going nowhere.

THERE IS NO TOMORROW.

YOU GET 1 SHOT!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDKgtUIOzmg&feature=related

The thing that I hated seeing was our guys jogging while their guys ran full speed.

Fellas...

THERE IS NO TOMORROW.

I think they need to talk to Jason Kidd, JT, and Dirk ...

Those guys will tell you, you only get 1 shot and to be in the position that we were in demands that we play HARD... RUN, not jog.

Somebody on this team will be with another team next year. Maybe the Wizards. Maybe the Warriors. Maybe the Wolves. You will be on a team going nowhere.

THERE IS NO TOMORROW.

YOU GET 1 SHOT!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDKgtUIOzmg&feature=related

The Mavericks have re-tooled constantly over the past four years (got rid of Steve Nash, added Jason Kidd and developed Berea, then got Tyson Chandler and Brandon Heyward) and it seemed to be this year that team is MORE HUNGRY and the profile has changed as well.

When you say 'jog', one of the prime examples is Marvin Williams and another is Jamal Crawford (especially when his shot isn't falling) Look at the Memphis Grizzlies team with Conley, Jr. and Tony Allen and Sam Young and Darrell Arthur...They made the Spurs look old with their constant defensive effort and pressure.

• Premium Member

The Mavericks have re-tooled constantly over the past four years (got rid of Steve Nash, added Jason Kidd and developed Berea, then got Tyson Chandler and Brandon Heyward) and it seemed to be this year that team is MORE HUNGRY and the profile has changed as well.

When you say 'jog', one of the prime examples is Marvin Williams and another is Jamal Crawford (especially when his shot isn't falling) Look at the Memphis Grizzlies team with Conley, Jr. and Tony Allen and Sam Young and Darrell Arthur...They made the Spurs look old with their constant defensive effort and pressure.

Yeah, they retooled, but watched the Laker game last night. When the Lakers thought they had it in the bag... Three dudes stepped up: Kidd, Terry, and Dirk. Those are three dudes who have been to the big show before and they know that this may be their last shot. Those guys were no half assing when they were down.

Our guys have become content (it seems). They were hungry to avenge their thrashing by Orlando.. but game 2 of this series and especially game 3, it was like... OK.. I'll play harder next game. I get that Rose was having a career day. I get that.. really .. and not much you can do, but the level of quit was terrible.. and if Josh kills another rally... I don't know what I will do.

Teague was great offensively early, but defensively he was horrible..

I disagree.

Most of the shots that Rose hit were contested. Rose is a superior player. Teague was with him step for step and kept a hand in his face off of every pick. That's not terrible defense. You didn't see Teague OLay. You didn't see Teague give up on the play. Teague was working every play. Even til the end.