My quick thoughts on the post season.

Plainview1981

Outside of the last game, I thought the Hawks played tough most of the way through. The loss of Hinrich allowed Teague to have a good series and hopefully Teague will be productive next season. Even though guys didn't play well at different times in this series, the only one who deserves full blown criticism is Marvin Williams who failed the team for almost the entire playoff run. What a sad player he as we watch him today. The concern is Al Horford's play... As the season went along, he grew softer and softer. Is it injury? I guess we'll see.

I think the loss of Woody's "defensive strategy" is what helped the Hawks play better than they have the last few years. And I'm not sold that the current coach is really head coaching worthy. But he'll get to stick. But the bench must be improved so starters don't have to play 40 minutes per night. Basically the Hawks had to play 7 on 10 in this series and they ran out of gas after getting down early in game 5.

Oh, and did I say that Marvin is terrible?

It also sucks that Rose is the new Dwayne Wade. Within a year or two, you will not being able to breathe on that guy without a foul being called.

I am with you here and also stayed away from the Squawk during the playoffs. After we beat Orlando in the first game thought maybe, just maybe, if I did not post we could get to the finals.

We played better this playoff run than any since we took Boston to 7. I think this one was better than that for two reasons.

1-We beat both our opponents on their home floor

2-We were without a key player in Hinrich

We still need a defensive center. Despite Collins and ZaZas play, we were exposed on the glass big time by Chicago and for the first time in a long time another team looked more athletic than us. Its going to be Chicago and Miami that we have to deal with for the next 3 to 5 seasons in the east and we are not quite at their level yet.

But I have to say after watching this seasons playoffs, we are a lot closer than I thought. Our PG woes could be fixed with Teague and Hinrich but we still need to become bigger.

Bron is a beast even though he is not a center and I think we match-up well with Wade and Bosh. Chicago is downright great in the post and very deep there once they get it going. One solid defensive center and a 7 game series coin flip could be in the picture no matter which one we face next season.

Edited by Buzzard

Outside of the last game, I thought the Hawks played tough most of the way through. The loss of Hinrich allowed Teague to have a good series and hopefully Teague will be productive next season. Even though guys didn't play well at different times in this series, the only one who deserves full blown criticism is Marvin Williams who failed the team for almost the entire playoff run. What a sad player he as we watch him today. The concern is Al Horford's play... As the season went along, he grew softer and softer. Is it injury? I guess we'll see.

I think the loss of Woody's "defensive strategy" is what helped the Hawks play better than they have the last few years. And I'm not sold that the current coach is really head coaching worthy. But he'll get to stick. But the bench must be improved so starters don't have to play 40 minutes per night. Basically the Hawks had to play 7 on 10 in this series and they ran out of gas after getting down early in game 5.

Oh, and did I say that Marvin is terrible?

It also sucks that Rose is the new Dwayne Wade. Within a year or two, you will not being able to breathe on that guy without a foul being called.

Have you been spending time with Tibetan monks? First positive post ever.

Have you been spending time with Tibetan monks? First positive post ever.

That's not entirely true but yeah the majority of his posts have been pretty negative, although for as bad of a rap as he's gotten around here his reputation score isn't too bad.

And honestly he's probably been right a lot more than he's been given credit for.

"Back" might be putting it strongly. I've developed a sense of detachment at some level. Especially after the Laker jersey thing a few months back.

This team lasted longer than Orlando, San Antonio and LA and that surely counts for something. Even though I think it's obvious that Orlando messed up their team, I in noway thought they would beat them. And I surely didn't think they would win the series the way they did.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1