• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official In Game thread....

DXS

Hotlanta, shut up. Please, oh my god man, always negative. Why do you even post here? I'm sorry but I just hate seeing you hate on the Hawks all the time. I think Jax and Nailon are doing very well. Remember, this is without Reef. Diaw is doing some things. That guy you were talking about can rebound very well. I would like to pick him up as well as Smush.

• Admin

Please everyone remember this means absolutely nothing. NOTHING. It does not matter if we blow a team out or get blown out. Preseason is for getting players warmed up for the upcoming season. To help get in shape and learn the system.

Other then that it does not matter. Do not read too much into the results of any of these games.

• Admin

There are times when you have some valid points but a lot of them are lost because you are always overly critical of everything Hawks.

Thus a lot of points are lost.

You and Hawksfreak are opposites. You are overly critical and he is overly positive.

The Hawks turned the ball over 14 times and forced 17 turnovers. Not bad. When the regular season rolls around, they will win more games than they lose if they have a + turnover margin.

All in all, it's a good start. These games are for letting the players get a feel for one another while evaluating some of the younger guys who are fighting to make the team. Ekezie took a big step towards bumping someone from the team. If he keeps it up, he'll make the team. We'll see what he does down the road.

Nailon sure isn't afraid to chunk up some shots.

Looks like the rotation at this time is set as:

PG - Jason Terry, Jacque Vaughn

SG - Dion Glover, Boris Diaw

SF - Stephen Jackson, Lee Nailon, Chris Crawford

PF - Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Alan Henderson

C - Theo Ratliff, Nazr Mohammed

This is considering that Reef isn't playing right now and Dickau is out nursing an injury.

I think you are going to see this team take a different approach to their roster, and they are going to utilize the I.R. this year. It will be interesting who steps up from the group of non-roster guys the rest of the pre-season.

I think a guy the Hawks would really like to keep, probably by stashing him on IR, and work with on a developmental standpoint is Jerry Holman. They must have really liked what they saw from him in the summer league, as he was the only player that wasn't drafted by Atlanta to be invited to training camp off that summer league roster.