• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ekezie Fo Sheezy

TheDude

This guy stepped up in the first game. Of course that grabs our attention although it is a preseason game. I say that if he continues to show these talents, then we need to sign him. If not, then whats the use of bringing him into camp?

But let's say he continues to play well(big if), is there a space for him on the roster? Who would you leave out?

Wanted: A big man who can bang inside, rebound and

score a few goals.

Sounds like we've found him if this is a true preformance from

him. IF, and that's a BIG IF, he's really THIS good, we

need him on the 12 man roster.

We should know more by the end of pre-season. Is he

for real? Can he really do this on a consistent basis?

If the answer is yes, sign him up. If not, it was great

for one pre-season game to dream the "What if ---"

game with Obinna Ekezie.

No. Becaues we have a hx of injury prone players in our front court with Hendu, Theo, Nazr...and now Reef. All are good (much better than most team's assembled frontcourts, by leaps and bounds), but if one of them goes down, we're suddenly thin...

If he's real, a big if as the wizened one pointed out, then sign him, keep him, and strut a truly intimidating frontcourt and begin to focus on how to round out the frontcourt (I'm withholding judgement on certain players there till I see more; btw, I can't believe people are cracking on JV already - we knew exactly what we were getting when we signed him, though last night wasn't really an indication of that).

I believe he'll fit. When you consider the roster, remember

that we have a full 3 on IR right now if we were in the

regular season, The permanent IR contract we traded

Big Dog for, Dickau and SAR.

I figure we will manage to keep it full all season with the

questionable health of some of our veteran players, and

sometimes our youngsters, too.

With a healthy DD, no, he really doesn't...and you can check the posts, I wasn't a big fan of the signing at the time, though I know that it was made due to uncertainty over JT's future and DD's seemingly "recurrent" injuries...I'm really starting to wonder about Danny Boy (esp. cause this is when he needs to be playing the most, but tha'ts a story for another time).

JV: He's a solid pg with a good shot, avg. three, and good selection (why he shot 47% that year for us). He makes "smart and safe" decisions on the floor, both in the how he runs the offense and plays D. Pretty much what you'd call you're "ideal bu pg." Not to mention that his height and skills make it unlikely that we'll pair him much with JT in the backcourt, regardless of circumstance...a definite temptation at times had we signed a taller or more "starter quality" pg (like Anderson). That's a temptation we need to avoid at all costs ~ no more mixed signals. JT can score when needed/he feels like it...and he should continue to do so at times...as long as he's doing it from position of pg.