• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another dull offseason?

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

Well we are yet upon another Hawks offseason, which usually means NOTHING happens in Atlanta. While sitting around doing nothing the Chicago Bulls and Miami Heat passed the Hawks right on by.

I hope new ownership cares about the Hawks and is willing to make the proper investment to win. The Hawks owners have spent money so Im not complaining there............the problem is they have not hired the right GM and coaches to get the job done. We have 3 power forwards and a bunch of guards.

Guess we will just have to wait til October..................of course longer if the lockout continues.

Well we are yet upon another Hawks offseason, which usually means NOTHING happens in Atlanta. While sitting around doing nothing the Chicago Bulls and Miami Heat passed the Hawks right on by.

I hope new ownership cares about the Hawks and is willing to make the proper investment to win. The Hawks owners have spent money so Im not complaining there............the problem is they have not hired the right GM and coaches to get the job done. We have 3 power forwards and a bunch of guards.

Guess we will just have to wait til October..................of course longer if the lockout continues.

I don't believe the coach is a problem. He knows as much about the pro game as anyone else. he problem is the owners and the leash held on the GM's. When the story is finally told, I believe BK was both handcuffed and his drafts were picked by the owners. If not all but some. I believe Sund has not the authority needed to truly succeed.

My hope is the new owners will hire an astute basketball guy as GM and allow him to make the moves he see's needed. A guy like Hubie or Phil or whoever AT chooses.

According to HoopsHype, the Hawks have the #6 payroll in the NBA. They're spending a ton of money. They have 5 players who make at least $7.5 million per season. They have the 10th highest paid player in the league. Unfortunately, they're just not getting a good return on investment for most of it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

According to HoopsHype, the Hawks have the #6 payroll in the NBA. They're spending a ton of money. They have 5 players who make at least $7.5 million per season. They have the 10th highest paid player in the league. Unfortunately, they're just not getting a good return on investment for most of it.

Notice I said "proper" investments. :biggrin: