• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Players ranked on how overpaid they are....

Mdizzle5

Any "scientific analysis" that says MArvin Williams was responsible for more wins the Joe Johnson is bad science.

I am not saying that JJ is not over paid but I am pointing out the most obivous flaw in the article. The very first thing the color chart referenced is win-share and the way they compute it makes them state Marvin Williams was responsible for more wins then Joe Johnson.

So needless to say, I quit reading this crap fairly early into the article.

• Like 3

Any "scientific analysis" that says MArvin Williams was responsible for more wins the Joe Johnson is bad science.

I am not saying that JJ is not over paid but I am pointing out the most obivous flaw in the article. The very first thing the color chart referenced is win-share and the way they compute it makes them state Marvin Williams was responsible for more wins then Joe Johnson.

i thought the same when i saw that...wonder what they were going off of with that...or smoking. but Diesel would love that stat. :lol:

Instant thread killer.

I mean . . when you see Amare Stoudemire ranked #523 on that list, and the 20th most overpaid player in the league, you know this is complete B.S. And as critical as I am of Jamal Crawford at times, even him being ranked last on the Hawks, and the 14th most overpaid player in the league, is complete B.S.

But people will swear by that win score statistic to the death. How about watching each individual game, and see if the play of that player helped his team win or lose . . whether it be via offense, defense, or him sparking a run at a critical juncture of a game?

If his play was one of the top 3 reasons why that team won that particular game . . give him a +1.

If his play was one of the top 3 reasons why that team lost that particular game . . give him a -1

If his play really didn't determine the outcome of a game . . . give him a zero.

That's how a win score should be calculated.

Let the win score per 48 stat tell it . . . Al Horford was more responsible for wins in the playoffs, than both JJ and Josh Smith. Anybody who watched that series knows that is complete B.S.

Damn . . by that chart the OP posted, Marvin was underpaid by almost 700K.

Wow.

Edited by northcyde