• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Peachtree Hoops: Ray Allen Calls CBA Haggling "Embarrassing"

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers

BOSTON MA - DECEMBER 16: Ray Allen #20 of the Boston Celtics celebrates his three point basket in the second half against the Atlanta Hawks on December 16 2010 at the TD Garden in Boston Massachusetts. The Celtics defeated the Hawks 102-90. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that by downloading and/or using this Photograph User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)

The more Ray Allen talks, the more respect I have for him as a player and a person. Allen expressed embarrassment that the players and owners can't come to an agreement given the amount of money that both sides are making. The entire Boston Globe article is well worth the read and here is a snippet. 

"I think of 
Larry Bird
, Michael Jordan, 
Dr. 
J
, and I almost feel just . . . the money we make, not only as players but as owners, the money that’s in the loop is so outstanding, it’s almost embarrassing we can make this type of money and then we can haggle over what we haggle over,’’ Allen said. "It’s important that the game is at an all-time high and I believe that those players in the ’70s and ’80s, they built us to this point to where we can afford the salaries that we all afford, and we just have to remember that. We’ve got to take this game to the next level and know that this is bigger than us.’’

More after the jump

I can't help but think that it is two steps back for every step forward with this league. After taking several years to recover from the first lockout, the league is now at its highest level since. Now it appears that both sides are ready to throw all of that success away and start over. It is refreshing that we know at least one player will miss the game and cares about its legacy. Honestly I am not sure how many on either side actually do. 

di
di

View the full article