• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague Paul or Rondo..

Diesel

Consider what each guy is really worth in trade and what we'd have to give up....

Who would you want.

Rondo is a great PG, don't get me wrong here, but Chris Paul is the real deal; a true, triple threat player. Rondo and his jumper, or lack thereof, really hurts the impact he can make on our team. With the Celtics offense, they're able to mask this by surrounding him with great shooters and allowing him to make the play. But be honest, when's the last time we let our PG's run the offense? It's always been Crawford, Joe, Josh, or Al initiating the play and dribbling out the clock until they either jack up a shot or miraculously find an open team mate. He just doesn't fit the bill. CP3, on the other hand, is almost a perfect fit, but that can be said about him in relation to any team he goes to. I'm not counting Teague out of being something special however, we simply don't know how much he'll be able to give with consistent starter minutes. I'm one who trusts in Teague, and I'm not saying he's going to be the star player CP3 is, but after that Chicago series and the plays he made, you never know.

Hypothetically, Paul would be an amazing acquisition, but I'm quite content with Teague as of now..

Edited by SmooveZilla

What Hawks fan wouldn't want Paul to be our PG in a perfect world? Fact is, a player of his caliber would net a huge return for the Hornets, and I honestly don't want to see us deal Al, Josh, Teague, etc. just to get Paul and some filler. There's also the issue of whether or not he'd sign an extension with us.

As an avid basketball player that typically plays PG, I love watching Rondo play. Between his defense and the way he sets up his teammates, he really is a joy to watch. That said, I'm not sure he'd totally fit in with the Hawks. Yes, a pass first PG can (potentially) upgrade any team by a large degree, of course, but unless we totally change our offense then Rondo wouldn't be able to control the ball like he's used to.

I've liked Teague for quite a while and always wanted to see him get more minutes, so seeing him up his game in the playoffs last season was great. As long as Teague has been continuing to work on his game during the extended layoff, I don't see any reason that he can't step into the starting PG roll and become a difference maker. Let's see what he can do before we make any big trades.

Honestly I can't understand why Cp3 gets all the love when Deron Williams is way better than him. don't forget that if we were going to draft a pg in 2005 it was going to be Deron Williams. Head to Head he always destroys CP3. CP3 is a better shooter but you see whay happens when you clamp down on him. I just like the physicality of Deron Williams better. i am not saying that Cp3 isn't a good player because he is but its like people forget about Deron williams.

• Like 1

CP3- He brings elite playmaking, elite basketball IQ, makes other players better, him and Horford would be like Stockton-Malone but better since CP3 is much better than Stockton. A wizard and unstoppable in the half court setting. Fundamentally sound. Elite passer and court vision. Elite quickness. Elite ball-handler. Has injuries issue in the past and while he can take over a game he normally would rather be the playmaker. An excellent leader with crazy intangibles and a strong will to win.

Teague- He has Kevin Johnson like game. Was extremely raw as a rookie, very raw last year and still wet around the ears this year. With Teague he has elite speed, quickness, ability to attack the paint and quality defense. He is still growing as a finisher which will be is calling card. Has great vision when slashing and running the fast break. Has decent BBIQ. He struggles with consistency, doesn't create much for others and is more of a scorer. Has trouble with creating for others using the PnR. Decent court vision in general. Below average passer but could become a solid passer. Not any good in the half court offense but I expect him to peak at a solid rate in three years. He really is build in KJ mold.

Rondo- An elite distributor. Elite speed and quickness, elite defender on both man and team. Great finisher. He has the best BBIQ in the NBA. Here's where he struggles. Poor shooter, poor FT shooter, not a great PnR player. Mainly average at it since people don't respect his jumper. He not a player who makes players better but he makes things work a lot smoother. He's a true floor general. Extremely competitive with a strong will to win. Solid leader, not the most vocal guy put will speak when needed.

Edited by nbasuperstar40
  • Like 1