• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If things hold true and we sign Tracy McGrady and Earl Watson....

.....what's next? I expect the Hawks will be resigning Jason Collins (hope he has lost some more weight like last season). What other bigs who can actually have an impact will they be targeting to fill out the roster. Anybody has a list of the FA PF/C that would be available for the ASG to sign (sim to McGrady)?

• Premium Member

First, reports tonight are saying that Watson's getting two years offered from Utah, so that one's not certain just yet.

Second, Sund has always been among the more stealth GMs in the league, so I don't take it lightly that there have actually been some mention of the Hawks in relation to Paul or to West... nor that Crawford has been linked to New Orleans. So, I don't even begin to pretend to imagine what Sund is trying to cook up. It's intriguing as hell, but there are just too many possibilities to begin to imagine.

First, reports tonight are saying that Watson's getting two years offered from Utah, so that one's not certain just yet.

Second, Sund has always been among the more stealth GMs in the league, so I don't take it lightly that there have actually been some mention of the Hawks in relation to Paul or to West... nor that Crawford has been linked to New Orleans. So, I don't even begin to pretend to imagine what Sund is trying to cook up. It's intriguing as hell, but there are just too many possibilities to begin to imagine.

If that first point is true, if I'm Rick Sund, I also think about upping the offer and making it two years for Watson. I just think it's a sneaky trait of championship-caliber teams to have a solid backup veteran point guard. If we were able to get him, we could use Hinrich expiring contract as trade bait, as one poster already said. That could get us some value in return, and I'm not sure there is a major difference between Hinrich and Watson's abilities.

If that first point is true, if I'm Rick Sund, I also think about upping the offer and making it two years for Watson. I just think it's a sneaky trait of championship-caliber teams to have a solid backup veteran point guard. If we were able to get him, we could use Hinrich expiring contract as trade bait, as one poster already said. That could get us some value in return, and I'm not sure there is a major difference between Hinrich and Watson's abilities.

I like this idea as using Kirk as trade bait at the deadline. Kirk can guard PG and SG better I think, not sure if Watson can guard the 2.

+1 great post, what do we have to loose giving him 2 yrs? He is what he is at this point.