• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coaches vs. Coaches

DJlaysitup

Obviously coaching in this league comes down to talent more often than not.

If you can coach a decent offense and defense and you know when to call a timeouts to stem surges by the other team or make a point when your guys aren't getting it done - you will probably do OK over the long haul - depending on talent.

Some coaches even bring a little more to the table and those are the coaches we would call "good" coaches...others bring a little less to the table and struggle with obvious decisions (like taking out Smoove when he had 4 fouls) and substituting poorly...and those coaches are what we call "bad".

Woody was a great example of "Bad".

++++++++++++++++++++

Then - of course - if you do not have an offense in place that can get a decent shot off with a 24 second clock when there is only 24.3 seconds left in the game at clutch time...well...boys and girls...that's really bad...really really bad.

There is no excuse for this sort of thing and I don't blame Smoove one Iota for wanting to get the F... out of here. Cheap ownership = poor coaching = no chance to advance.

LD lost this game - not because he didn't try to do what "he thought" was his best - but because he simply isn't up to par with the better coaches in the league. saythat.gif

I think the issue the Hawks have with hiring coaches is that they're limited by the 1980 NBA Draft.

(Pick #38) Terry Stotts 2002–2004

(Pick #12) Mike Woodson 2004–2010

(Pick #17) Larry Drew 2010–present

Coincidence? I think not..

Edited by SmooveZilla

I think the issue the Hawks have with hiring coaches is that they're limited by the 1980 NBA Draft.

(Pick #38) Terry Stotts 2002–2004

(Pick #12) Mike Woodson 2004–2010

(Pick #17) Larry Drew 2010–present

Coincidence? I think not..

Wow that's crazy! Good find!

Throw in Lenny from the 1890 draft and that number pattern really starts to mean something lol