• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pargo and Marvin

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Pargo

Did not have an impressive stat line tonight, but I must say he does an excellent job of controlling the pace with the 2nd unit. Some nights the Hawks bench look sharper than the starters.

Marvin

I think Marvin has found his niche. He knows he has limited time to put in work so no more standing around watching Joe and Josh. These bench guys look to him to score so he's pretty much the man by default.

and I credit Marvin for being a real Pro. I usually arrive to games early and I can count on seeing Marvin out there working his jumper.

I have been an advocate of bringing Marvin off the bench since last season. When he starts he is low man on the totem pole in terms of getting shots, the pecking order on offense is Joe, Josh and Al (even Jamal). Coming off the bench he can be aggressive and not have to worry about deferring shots to anybody else. With the 2nd unit, they pass the ball more because the are not great individual players so they rely on getting better shots which means Marvin gets the ball more in the flow of the offense instead of standing around waiting for Joe or Josh to go ISO and pass to him.Good for him, he needs to keep up his aggressive play in the playoffs.