• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It All Goes Back To Chris Paul.

AmishBoy

We're pretty much damned if we do, damned if we don't. What makes us believe we have anymore chance of copying the Detroit Pistons formula than Utah, Indiana, Philly or any other team that doesn't have a superstar? The truth is we probably have the same chance at winning a title whether we make trades, blow the team up and start in the draft, or stick with our core.

Since the 2003 draft here are the superstars.

LeBron James

Dwayne wade

Dwight Howard

Chris Paul

Kevin Durant

Derrick Rose

Deron Williams

and these guys are debatable

Andrew Bynum

Rajon Rondo

Blake griffin

We all know the ones we had a chance at.

Here are the finals teams from that same period and the stars.

2003 San Antonio Spurs and New Jersey Nets. Tim Duncan, Jason Kidd

2004 Los Angeles Lakers and Detroit Pistons. Kobe,

2005 San Antonio Spurs and Detroit Pistons. Tim Duncan

2006 Dallas Mavericks and Miami Heat. Dirk Nowitzki, Dwayne Wade

2007 San Antonio Spurs and Cleveland Cavaliers. Tim Duncan, Lebron James

2008 Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics. Kobe, Pierce, Kevin, Ray

2009 Los Angeles Lakers and Orlando Magic. Kobe, Dwight

2010 Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics. Kobe, Pierce, Kevin, Ray

2011 Dallas Mavericks and Miami Heat. Dirk, Wade

Here are theconference finals teams

2004 Los Angeles Lakers Minnesota Timberwolves 4–2

2005 San Antonio Spurs Phoenix Suns† 4–1

2006 Dallas Mavericks Phoenix Suns 4–2

2007 San Antonio Spurs Utah Jazz 4–1

2008 Los Angeles Lakers San Antonio Spurs 4–1

2009 Los Angeles Lakers Denver Nuggets 4–2

2010 Los Angeles Lakers Phoenix Suns 4–2

2011 Dallas Mavericks Oklahoma City Thunder

2003 New Jersey Nets Detroit Pistons 4-0

2004 Detroit Pistons Indiana Pacers† 4–2

2005 Detroit Pistons Miami Heat 4–3

2006 Miami Heat Detroit Pistons† 4–2

2007 Cleveland Cavaliers Detroit Pistons 4–2

2008 Boston Celtics† Detroit Pistons 4–2

2009 Orlando Magic Cleveland Cavaliers† 4–2

2010 Boston Celtics Orlando Magic 4–2

2011 Miami Heat Chicago Bulls

Outside the Pistons each team featured someone from the current crop of superstars or from the previous "generation" of superstars.

Ironically, the only current superstar not have made either the conference or nba finals is Chris Paul and from the debatables there is only Blake Griffin.

Is the run on superstars over for a few years until the next crop show up? Who knows? But I do know missing on Chris Paul and Deron Williams assured us of not contending for at least a decade.

There's at least one consolation. We didn't go downhll as fast as Milwaukee.

I rather Deron at the time and we were going to draft Deron if we took a PG. Hindslight is dumb, we still need a PG, no matter if it's a true PG or a #1 option scoring one.

The point is that we are not likely to contend for a title no matter what we do unless we replace someone on our team with a superstar from the current crop or previous ones. If it's from the previous crop we will need a couple of them. Moving Teague for anyone less than Tony Parker, CP3, Deron, or Steve Nash is not going to get us any closer. Ramon Session or Andre Miller may get us to seven games in the semi-finals.

Miller, Sessions, and Teague are all in the bottom tier average PG tier. It was okay to start an average or below average PG in in 2005 but nowadays, good PG's are a dime a dozen and very good ones are commonplace. The NBA rules have changed the game.

Who's trading a great Pg for Teague straight up?

No, to be honest. We aren't going to be able to get a great true PG. Nash and Deron aren't coming to Atlanta. We will have to settle for Mayo in an Arenas PG mode or just stick to what we got now which is no shot.

No, to be honest. We aren't going to be able to get a great true PG. Nash and Deron aren't coming to Atlanta. We will have to settle for Mayo in an Arenas PG mode or just stick to what we got now which is no shot.

NO MORE MAYO POSTS IN THE HOMECOURT FORUM. Final warning.

Lol. Joe wasn't the man and we tried to make him a superstar. Didn't work. Marvin didn't start for his college team and we hoped he would be a superstar. Didn't work. Ditto for that other guy in Memphis. Won't work.

He's a free agent Dolfan. I will stop talking about him until we are officially eliminated.

He's a free agent Dolfan. I will stop talking about him until we are officially eliminated.

He's a restricted FA and will be asking for FAR more than the MLE. So the Mayo talk in this forum is done unless there is an article specifically stating that the Hawks are interested in signing or trading for him.

He's a restricted FA and will be asking for FAR more than the MLE. So the Mayo talk in this forum is done unless there is an article specifically stating that the Hawks are interested in signing or trading for him.

That should go for all free agents for all posters then. Why should I be targeted for a player I would like on the roster? I said I wouldn't make threads about him. This is a little extreme, in fact quite extreme. Who's to say we can't SnT Marvin for him? Edited by nbasuperstar40

That should go for all free agents for all posters then. Why should I be targeted for a player I would like on the roster? I said I wouldn't make threads about him. This is a little extreme, in fact quite extreme. Who's to say we can't SnT Marvin for him?

Until I start having people PM me complaining about too many other FAs or players being discussed then sorry but it's only going to be limited to your CONSTANT talk of Mayo. I'm getting as many PMs now as I used to get about Diesel hating on Marvin so I hope that tells you something.

Until I start having people PM me complaining about too many other FAs or players being discussed then sorry but it's only going to be limited to your CONSTANT talk of Mayo. I'm getting as many PMs now as I used to get about Diesel hating on Marvin so I hope that tells you something.

I said I will stop talking about him during the Hawks season. No reason why I shouldn't during the Hawks off-season. It's the off-season for a reason. We are looking for the best possible upgrades and why should I be restricted in that area. If they want to talk to someone, my PM box is open. You want to create a rule like this, do it all for all potential players. That includes all free agents, all possible trades, all draft questions and what not. No talk on this board if it's not about an individual player, coach, or ownership other wise I don't see any reason why I can't talk about the player if others aren't restricted to do so.

I said I will stop talking about him during the Hawks season. No reason why I shouldn't during the Hawks off-season. It's the off-season for a reason. We are looking for the best possible upgrades and why should I be restricted in that area. If they want to talk to someone, my PM box is open. You want to create a rule like this, do it all for all potential players.That includes all free agents, all possible trades, all draft questions and what not. No talk on this board if it's not about an individual player, coach, or ownership other wise I don't see any reason why I can't talk about the player if others aren't restricted to do so.

Either abide by the rules and continue to post here, or don't. And to clarify I'm not saying that he can never be discussed but people are sick and tired of seeing thread after thread and post after post about him and no they don't need to discuss that with you if they have a problem with it. I'm done with this so either move on and accept it or I will set your profile to moderator approval.

Either abide by the rules and continue to post here, or don't. And to clarify I'm not saying that he can never be discussed but people are sick and tired of seeing thread after thread and post after post about him and no they don't need to discuss that with you if they have a problem with it.I'm done with this so either move on and accept it or I will set your profile to moderator approval.

I said I'll fall back. Most of my mentions of him of late haven't been close to necessary but at the same time my point remains for the off-season. I will limit my mention of the player in general since that is what you want. You got it but I will mention him in my off-season thread. He is attainable and he is the only one who might want to come to Atlanta who can solve a need but regardless I will fall back. Edited by nbasuperstar40

Trade ideas go in the trade forum without an actual article about the trade...you can discuss free agents here if they can actually sign with us without a tradeAnd I'm not one who complained, but obviously I've shown my distaste for your determination to bash Teague in every post, even if not related....it is exactly what diesel would do by posting about other things but always getting a dig at Marvin in the post, no matter how unrelated

Trade ideas go in the trade forum without an actual article about the trade...you can discuss free agents here if they can actually sign with us without a tradeAnd I'm not one who complained, but obviously I've shown my distaste for your determination to bash Teague in every post, even if not related....it is exactly what diesel would do by posting about other things but always getting a dig at Marvin in the post, no matter how unrelated

Marvin and Teague are similar players in the fact that they will fool you with their talent but neither will be much in Atlanta due to their role and personnel fit. The thing is Diesel didn't like Marvin for the draft blunder. I didn't like Teague for one reason, he is the only position we can really upgrade. SF isn't much out there. C no. PF no. On top of that the PG position is LOADED. He gets his a** busted more than not and he can't create, can't pass, not a legit option, has average BBIQ, too small, and is anti aggressive more times than not in a ball dominant system. For what this team needs, he is clearly the easiest to replace. The fact that some on here think he is a mid tier PG is completely different than me who thinks he is a bottom 5 starting PG.

Again, you bring him up constantly even when it is waaaaaay off topic...you are ob.sess.ed.He is a good pg and would be better if smoove wasn't a narcissist and complained when he takes more than a few shots and refuses to pass him the ball...he is still young and learning and you act like he is done...he hung with MVP rose last year...he has skills