To move the ASG

Swatguy

• Moderators

I believe the trade was the thing to do. The mistake was this last contract and signing. He should have been shopped.

Exactly. Belkin destroyed this team's ability to even sign free agents at a time which is the only time I know of in American sports history when a franchise in a major sport could not even compete on a level playing field with the rest of the league and dragged this team through years of expensive and embarassing litigation and did it to protest acquiring someone who was a repeated All-Star immediately after being acquired in the trade. And that is the best interpretation of Belkin's actions because the ASG claimed he wasn't willing to raise salary and was trying to block the addition of a salary.Even if the trade wasn't the thing to do (which I disagree with), trying an illegitimate hostile takeover of the team was clearly the wrong thing to do.Thank goodness we didn't end up with someone like that running the team.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think Belkin was against the trade in general it was the additonal 1st round draft pick that he didn't want to inlcude. The trade was fine, like Swatguy said it's this contract that is debatable