• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry Deal an Ownership Signal?

AHF

My ? is has Gearon taken a backseat to Levenson? Usually Gearon has been the face and voice of the Hawks ownership. Itv seems like most of the interview and recruitment process with Ferry has been done by Levenson. Then Levenson is the one who intorduces him at the press conference. Have the other owners told Gearon to keep his hands out of player moves? Has Gearon finally realized letting a basketball man handle the basketball moves is the best way to go?

My ? is has Gearon taken a backseat to Levenson? Usually Gearon has been the face and voice of the Hawks ownership. Itv seems like most of the interview and recruitment process with Ferry has been done by Levenson. Then Levenson is the one who intorduces him at the press conference. Have the other owners told Gearon to keep his hands out of player moves? Has Gearon finally realized letting a basketball man handle the basketball moves is the best way to go?

Certainly seems to be the case. Gearon has also been in China a lot over the past few years setting up his cell tower business. It may be that he's decided to really focus on that aspect of his life and given up on running the Hawks. The part-time GM thing just wasn't going to keep working for him or the rest of the owners. Just a guess.

• Premium Member

Certainly seems to be the case. Gearon has also been in China a lot over the past few years setting up his cell tower business. It may be that he's decided to really focus on that aspect of his life and given up on running the Hawks. The part-time GM thing just wasn't going to keep working for him or the rest of the owners. Just a guess.

Good. The best type of owner is one who tells his GM: "Here's your budget. I'm going to leave now and let you do your thing. I'll check in about, oh, once a month just to make sure you're not being a complete dumba**." Edited by niremetal