• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Questions Regarding Johnson Trade

Hawk88

I have two questions regarding the Johnson trade. While it was a salary dump I am trying to figure out what we got that has value, in addition to the freed cap space.Does anyone expect anything positive from the players we received. Is Williams any good? Farmar as a backup, is he to be moved again?Also the draft pick we are receiving from Houston. They look to really suck next year. Since it's lottery protection has anyone been able to find out the details around that pick, does it become non lottery protected in 2014?Thanks,Hawk88

• Premium Member

I have two questions regarding the Johnson trade. While it was a salary dump I am trying to figure out what we got that has value, in addition to the freed cap space.

Does anyone expect anything positive from the players we received. Is Williams any good? Farmar as a backup, is he to be moved again?

Also the draft pick we are receiving from Houston. They look to really suck next year. Since it's lottery protection has anyone been able to find out the details around that pick, does it become non lottery protected in 2014?

Thanks,

Hawk88

It was a salary dump. Morrow might be a decent bench player - this year's Flip - but I don't expect much else from the trade. And it's entirely possible that we trade Morrow before the season starts anyway.

Good question about the Houston pick. We basically acquired the pick with the same conditions that the Nets received when they acquired the pick in the Terrence Williams trade. Assuming this is accurate, the pick is actually a lottery protected pick from 2012-2016. If the Rockets are in the lottery every year through 2016, then it becomes an unprotected second round pick in 2017 plus cash.

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 1