• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Former NBA player Jalen Rose tweets the Nets offer to the Magic on BLAST!

JTB

JALEN ROSE@jalenrose

Why would the Magic trade for Lopez & Humphries when they have been the primary bigs during the Nets struggles #NBA

https://twitter.com/#!/jalenrose

This is hilarious but it does make since! I know the magic wont be as good without Howard but I also dont think they want to take too long getting back to the level they are at when they trade Dwight. To me the nets offer is a or 5 year rebuilding offer with the magic having losing records for those 4 or 5 years!

I mean when you think about it....if the magic can get a all star player in a deal for D12 plus unload a bad contract why the hell would they care about picks at this point. You can tell they are trying to do what the hawks did this off season! They want one bad year than a next season they want to have the cap relief to sign who they want!

And lets look at it this way to my understanding the Magic's owner is dirt old! An the old man wants to win now not later!....the nets offer is weak in the magic eyes and isnt good enough!

I couldnt have said it better Jalen! LOL

Edited by JTB

I'm not saying I would want Lopez/Humphries, but the reason Orlando needs picks is the same reason every team that isn't in a major media market wants picks. That's the only way to become a contender. No big time free agent is going to sign in Orlando, so they have to build through the draft.

Jalen is also forgetting that Bynum will also be a free agent. What if he decides he will not sign with Orlando - they will be in the same position they are in now with D12. Picks are important to teams that are losing their superstars because it's the only way to get another. I think that Bynum would resign, he is ready to get out from under Kobe and the LA spotlight and be the man on his own team. He has his rings.

What good are the picks if they aren't going to be high picks? Granted, I know the value of having first round picks as a means of filling your bench out on the cheap, but to think that Orlando will use one of the picks from the Nets in a deal to get them another superstar if foolhardy. The reason is, you trade Dwight to the Nets, and the Nets are suddenly a lot better than they currently are. As is, with Deron and Joe, the Nets are probably a 35 win team at best. You add Dwight, they are a 50 win a team. Those picks will be in the 20s. Again, the best deal for Orlando is going to be one centered around Al Horford. Al is locked up on a long term contract right now, and he's one of the 25 best players in the NBA. He's not at Dwight's level, but he's a star that you can piece things around.

Maybe we should work a 3 way with Orlando and the Lakers were we get Bynum extended and the Magic get Horf and the Lakers risk the 1 season Dwight rental. I'd rather have Dwight but I'm scared of trading Horf and losing Dwight. Bynum has injury and motivation concerns but he can dominate both ends like only Dwight can.