Hawks Offense?

PaceRam

The Hawks offense will be a top 10 in scoring. I expect smoove to lead us in scoring. Limited ISO plays and more fast breaks, slashing and pick and rolls.. Skeptical about the defense. Not gonna predict the individual stats(which I'm very good at) until October.

Hope so. I don't want to see anymore ISO. The guys in summer league ran the offense better than the real team did.

I really wanna keep Benson. He put on some weight and has a good skill set and we need a big man that can run with the rest of our guys.

Who is Jaco? I like Benson and I think Scott has potential. But who is Jaco?

I want to see the metric that shows Joe was one of the best defenders at his position in the league. We have people on here railing against Kyle Korver who had a defensive rating of 101 this past year, yet Joe Johnson had a defensive rating of 105. Still, people are convinced that Joe is a quality defender. Joe's career defensive rating is 110. He's never been anything more than average as a defender. He only has about 2 defensive win shares from last year. Over the past three years, the Hawks have been a better defensive team when he's off the floor than when he's on the floor.

Took the words right out of my mouth

Count me as one who is concerned about our perimeter defense (as is). The players currently on the roster are not good individual defenders compounded by the lack of size. Our bigs would be in constant foul trouble. What I am hoping is that the sum of the parts is greater that the one and although not great individually, collectively as a team would be OK. However, the start of the season has a way to go so there is still time for roster upgrades and improvements.

Team defense can be taught . . . . with a lot of work. But that is not the case with pure shooters. Its a gift you either have or you don't .

Here's what I think we all want to know as fans: is Ferry trying to put together a team that is expected to make the playoffs and do something THIS year or is he positioning us to tank and go into the lottery but still have attractive pieces to lure free agents next offseason? I honestly hope it is the latter.

I think you're right. This roster allows the Hawks to say "We tried to build a team DH would find tempting. We knew it was a risk, and it just didn't work out. Now we rebuild." I think once the Howard situation resolves itself, and IF he doesn't end up here, Josh probably gets dealt.