• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Well Brooklyn's on an Island, Anyway...

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

When the Nets played their first few preseason home openers I repeatedly screamed, "Why are you all slipping?" Players were sliding all over the dang place. NOW I get it... http://www.nypost.co...m=SFnewyorkpost

Developer Bruce Ratner has scored a major goal by landing the Islanders ice hockey team for his Barclay's arena in downtown Brooklyn, sources said. The announcement was expected at a press conference this afternoon with Ratner, Mayor Bloomberg, Islanders owner Charles Wang, National Hockey League Commissioner Gary Bettman and Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz. Barclay's is already the home field of the Nets basketball team and its CEO, Brett Yornark will be attending the press conference as well. Ratner had said earlier that he was "trying like hell" to lure the Islanders to Brooklyn from Long Island and called a planned exhibition game against the Devils, which was canceled due to the NHL lockout, an audition for the city's newest arena.

~lw3 Edited by lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Article above didn't indicate it, but the Fishsticks' lease in Nassau expires in 2015, so if the lockout is over eventually, they'll still have two more full seasons at their Coliseum. I know, I know, hockey, right?~lw3

• 10 months later...