• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OT....

Diesel

• Moderators

Completely BS. It is a stupid rule and once again the Lions feel the brunt of a rule change. I understand the 15 yard penalty, but to say that you are not going to look at the play anymore because a coach got caught up in the moment and throws a challenge flag on a knee-jerk action is childish and BS. That TD should have never of happened and the Lions should have won that game, but they do tell the players to play to the whistle and there was no whistle... Everyone hated on the replacement officials and calls like this show you that all refs are the same...

• Like 2

That was an awful non-call by the refs and I am not a Lions or a Texans fan but I hate to see any team lose because of terrible calls like that one (unexcusable!)! But, I will agree with you that I don't understand why all the Lions players just stopped on the play. I am pretty sure that most coaches (Pro, College, High School, Little League, etc) teach/tell their players that you do not stop on a play until you hear the whistle! I told my dad that was one of the worst calls (non-call) I had ever seen in an NFL game and the League officials should be totally embarrassed by that non-call but I certainly didn't understand why the Lions total defense just stopped on the play without hearing the whistle!

• Like 1

They didn't hear the whistle but:

Perhaps they blew the whistle and I didn't hear it. If so, there is an automatic

15 yard penalty for unsportsmanship conduct if I tackle someone after the

whistle has blown.

Knowing the runner was down and knowing that the play should be over, just

a moments indecision was all that was necessary. Runner is gone.

Officials blew the call, not their whistle. They gave the defeat to tthe Lions.

I hate it when someone says the officials caused the loss, but this time it's

true. They did it all by themselves this time. Replacement officials would

be crucified with this call. But, these are the "real" officials. Boo to them.

Posted Image