• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I love this team!

Azodl

I agree, I love this team as well. Alot of people here complain about the players here mainly smoove but it is what it is. I've seen alot of bad hawks teams in the last 15 years and this team is not one of them.

Tell me if someone saw this coming? I was just over at Espn Hawks page. Hawks are #1 in PPG Allowed at 92.1. When this team was constructed I think many of us figure the defense would be severly lacking. Horf and Smoove would be spending majority of games in foul trouble having to bail others out. That hasn't happen so far this year. Granted it is Nov. Still to be #1 at any point in the season with this current squad is rather surprising. Another stat I like is the Hawks are 5th in APG. This has always been a willing passing team when allowed to.

• Like 1

Tell me if someone saw this coming? I was just over at Espn Hawks page. Hawks are #1 in PPG Allowed at 92.1. When this team was constructed I think many of us figure the defense would be severly lacking. Horf and Smoove would be spending majority of games in foul trouble having to bail others out. That hasn't happen so far this year. Granted it is Nov. Still to be #1 at any point in the season with this current squad is rather surprising. Another stat I like is the Hawks are 5th in APG. This has always been a willing passing team when allowed to.

Hawks are playing good ball granted its early. I just hope come April we're still at the top of those stats.

A lot of fans overestimated the impact Joe Johnson made defensively on this team and assumed that the decrease in size on the perimeter would also mean a decrease in our defensive ability. Whatever advantage Joe's size gave him has been more than made up with the Hawks ability to force turnovers now. Defensively, Joe was a positional guy. He did not force turnovers though. This team is #1 in the NBA in defensive turnover percentage. They are also #2 in the league in defensive effective FG%. Offensively, most of you will see that you also overestimated the impact Joe's shot taking had on the team. Right now, Lou Williams has not found his perimeter shot. Historically, he is a solid to strong three point shooter, and I think he will trend more towards his last few years as the season goes along. Anthony Morrow is a shot maker from deep, and obviously Kyle Korver is a strong shooter. Jeff Teague is having a career year as a shooter from deep.

A lot of fans overestimated the impact Joe Johnson made defensively on this team and assumed that the decrease in size on the perimeter would also mean a decrease in our defensive ability. Whatever advantage Joe's size gave him has been more than made up with the Hawks ability to force turnovers now. Defensively, Joe was a positional guy. He did not force turnovers though. This team is #1 in the NBA in defensive turnover percentage. They are also #2 in the league in defensive effective FG%.

I am one of those who thought that very thing, along with the loss of Marvin who was a very good positional defender. Quick and active hands defensively obviously is being drilled into these guys to create turnovers, and Ferry has clearly assembled a scrappy ball pressure team regarless of size or position. Great post.

It was impossible not to think this team was going to suffer this season defensively. I'm not sure we will be this productive throughout the entire season but it is a very impressive start no doubt. Our team has a heartbeat unlike previous years. This definitely shows on both ends of the court.

• Like 1