• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nearly inched out for job..... (please read)

Hawksfreak

A game of inches for Haslem (I hope you like my artical)

Udonis Haslem never thought a couple of measly inches could change his life. But thats exactly what has happened to the former University of Florida center in the past month. He was listed 6-7 at the rookie camp but 6-9 in college. Whos cares about the size. The NBA does. Have they ever herd of Ben Wallace or Malik Rose? Um......no! The Hawks don't think that way we might give him a contract if there is enough room for him. For 6-9 or 6-7 he is 246 pounds and a very physical player. This guy prefered the Hawks over Utah and Seattle. "I don't know if they have a spot for me", he said. "Maybe they don't". "I just know I've got to come in here and control the things I can control", UD said. "I'm got to do what I have been doing my whole career and thats overacheving".

Guest Walter

Wallace is a quick player and quick leaper defensively. Udonis hardly can jump and defends primarily with good positioning. They both are strong but the similarity ends there. Wallace has little offensive game due to lack of skill level. Udonis' offensive game in college came again as a result of good positioning. I am doubtful of his offensive game translating well to the pros but it isn't because of a lack of positioning or skill level.

I see Udonis as more Fortson than Ben Wallace if you want to compare him to post players "undersized" for their position.

W

growing like Wallace.......but what exactly do you mean by that? Dont all NBA players grow taller? Dont they usually get bigger? These two guys are absolutley nothing alike other than their size (height to weight ratio) and that they both went undrafted (I believe Ben went undrafted, or maybe 2nd round)....but thats the only things they have in common.