• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time for the home stretch

Hawksquawk

Second easiest schedule to date. It's only going to get harder. If Boston and Philly can turn it up we might be able to miss the playoffs. I know there is a small chance, but there is still hope.

Why would you want to barely miss the playoffs. Winning the lottery is a VERY small chance for barely missing. Less than 1% for every team that has the 10th-14th worst record is usually the caseTerrible ideaThis should say the away stretch anyway

Any combo of deals we would possibly receive from the Smoove deal would still get us a playoff spot. The east is that bad.

Second easiest schedule to date. It's only going to get harder. If Boston and Philly can turn it up we might be able to miss the playoffs. I know there is a small chance, but there is still hope.

I have to say thats about as low as it gets. Yes I no that we are not going to win a championship, but there is no way in hell I just want to throw away the season and hope for a playoff miss. Tell me something, how have our draft picks worked out in the past? Draft picks wont make a difference this year with a very weak draft. The only hope we have is to get some great signings in the offseason.

Cant believe some of you actually want to just hope that we lose out. LETS GO HAWKS!

Why would you want to barely miss the playoffs. Winning the lottery is a VERY small chance for barely missing. Less than 1% for every team that has the 10th-14th worst record is usually the caseTerrible ideaThis should say the away stretch anyway

And what does making the playoffs and getting owned in the first round do? It gives us a guaranteed worse draft pick. I'd rather miss out on the playoffs and have a small chance at being in a better draft position.

I have to say thats about as low as it gets. Yes I no that we are not going to win a championship, but there is no way in hell I just want to throw away the season and hope for a playoff miss. Tell me something, how have our draft picks worked out in the past? Draft picks wont make a difference this year with a very weak draft. The only hope we have is to get some great signings in the offseason.

Cant believe some of you actually want to just hope that we lose out. LETS GO HAWKS!

We haven't had a good draft pick since Teague and he was selected at 19. Other than that we've picked late and had players make zero impact. Picking higher in the draft is better. Not sure what's hard to grasp about this.

We haven't had a good draft pick since Teague and he was selected at 19. Other than that we've picked late and had players make zero impact. Picking higher in the draft is better. Not sure what's hard to grasp about this.

So you would rather be the bobcats and not the hawks? That's what's "so hard for us to understand" wise guy
  • Like 1

As of right now I think we would have picks 16 and 19....... The odds are pretty good we hit on one of those picks........or we could package them to maybe move up to around 10 or 11.If we want to attract a free agent it's important to make the playoffs and be competitive in order to have a more effective sales pitch. We have to convince FA's we have a brighter future then teams like Houston, Utah, Dallas, Washington, Portland, etc. Edited by coachx
  • Like 2

So you would rather be the bobcats and not the hawks? That's what's "so hard for us to understand" wise guy

Us missing out on the playoffs doesn't make us the Bobcats.

As of right now I think we would have picks 16 and 19....... The odds are pretty good we hit on one of those picks........or we could package them to maybe move up to around 10 or 11.If we want to attract a free agent it's important to make the playoffs and be competitive in order to have a more effective sales pitch. We have to convince FA's we have a brighter future then teams like Houston, Utah, Dallas, Washington, Portland, etc.

That sounds good, but the only thing that attracts free agents is money. If we don't have cap space we aren't getting anyone here.

That sounds good, but the only thing that attracts free agents is money. If we don't have cap space we aren't getting anyone here.

We're pretty much Team Cap Space. We have a grand total of 5 guaranteed contracts next year: Horford, Lou, Jenkins, 2 firsts for about $20M. We've got tons of it and are in position to continue to have tons of it.