• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JT & JV have different responsibilities

jjjohns3

which is why I talk(ed) about JT needing to watch Marbury take control of his team, using the motion offense...it's the only solution (imo) with JT as our pg, on this team.

we've long said (or I and many others have) that Reef is the ultimate second man. could JT be the ball-dominating backcourt mate and we've just been blind? Now the ball's literally in his hands...

• Premium Member

With Reef, Dion, Jackson, and Theo... There is no need for JT to dominate the ball ala Marbury.

If you want to use Marbury for an example. Go back to Minnesota when Marbury had KG and Googs both putting up 20 points a night. Marbury was a pass first PG, who learned to get himself into the game.

True success for this current team could come in a few different ways:

1. Reef as focal point and first option of the offense and everybody working off Reef.

This would require Reef learning to pass out of the post ala Duncan. This also would require lots of motion.

2. Glover running the offense from the SG position ala the triangle offense.

This requires Glover becoming a much better ball handler. JT would take the role of Fisher or Kerr... However you want to look at it. I don't think Glover's offense is mature enough for that yet.

3. Offense like SacTown. Where there's no designations. Where the backup comes in to make the offense work and in the meantime it's run and gun.

I think this is the road we're on. JT has the skill level to do some of the things Bibby does, but I think Bibby exerts far more court leadership than JT. Because of his ability to become erratic sometimes, Jackson is also there to take over. The difference is that SacTown is a very good ball handling team. There's Christie, Vlade, and all the other players who can handle the ball. We are the antiKings. None of our players can truly handle the ball. I think it will require Glover to become a better ball handler then we can play an offense similar to Seattle's, whereby the offense is directed by the SG.

But you can't put a leash(ala Lenny Wilkens & Lon Kruger) on the offense he can give you. He does bring the ball upcourt most of the time,but Stotts said that some of the time he DOESN'T run the Offense through JT. But yet he has JT break off on the wing, like a 2. But overall I like what we're doing,we've been distributing the ball. And Reef & Theo have been passing outta the post.

~Peace