• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2013 Expectations?

PaceRam

I know I catch myself getting really upset with some of Larry Drew's decisions and Josh Smith's shot selections and most (ALL) of the Hawks losses but then I try to remind myself that IF my memory serves me correctly there were not a lot of high expectations for this Hawks team. Seems like to me they lost some key players in Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams (among others) and they were signing players with expiring contracts with the thought of just getting through the 2013 season the best they could and then regroup (supposedly they would have a lot of money to sign some hopefully quality free agents) and look forward to a better more promising 2014 season. Well, I know they have surprised me quite a bit and have done much better than I thought they would and they are even going to make the playoffs. I guess the better they played the more I expected from them but when they have some bad nights I try to remind myself that this was not supposed to be a banner year for the Hawks and in fact, they are probably playing a lot better than most anyone thought they would. And, if Lou Williams and Zaza hadn't gotten hurt (and, now, Devin Harris) who knows how many more games the Hawks would have won this season?! I ALWAYS want the Hawks to win and I don't care who (Lakers, Celtics, Heat, etc) they play I will always be disappointed if they lose but in all reality they have probably exceeded most expectations for them this season and I hope they win some playoff games but I am really looking forward to the offseason to see how Danny Ferry can improve on this team for next season! I have faith and confidence that Ferry will make some great moves for the Hawks which will lead to a very good future for the Hawks!

I can deal with losses - it's the way we lose that bothers me most. Hard fought losses Ok - lack of interest, desire, no energy, bad decision losses (by players and coaches) annoy me most. I just do not like watching 'NOT SMART' basketball.

I'm just looking forward to the draft.

If the season ended today the Hawks would have the picks #18 and #19 in the draft.

I have no problem finishing 6th or 7th in the East. Give me draft picks.

Hoping the Lakers get hot and pass the Rockets in the standings to give us a better

Yea this season I had low expectations. I expected a low 40s to high 30 win team but its just frustrating how we lose and give away games due to choking, low IQ, and poor effort.

I can accept losing if we play good basketball and we are simply outmatched but it seems like there are too many games where we beat ourselves...