• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nique as President

phoostal

I pose another question to everyone regarding Nique as the president of this team.

Do you think he will have power within the organization?

I don't know if this is true or not, but I don't think he will. I don't think he will have final say on issues. He will be in on all discussions, but ultimately I think someone else will be having the final yes or no. Who that is at this time I don't know. Just my opinion. I maybe wrong.

P

• Premium Member

I think he will.

Here's why.

Gearon is more than just another owner. Gearon Jr. is a Nique fan. He went to Nique's house when Nique was traded to LAC. He was there when Nique ruptured his achilles and he drove Nique to the Hospital. I'm sure that he has been the guy who has seen how the team has treated Nique (arguably one of the most celebrated athletes in Atlanta Sports History) and he's probably ashamed of the outgoing administration. I look for him to make it right by rewarding Nique... Sorta like the Bullets did Unsel some years ago.

As far as lack of experience, I think Nique will be surrounded by the best of guys... That's why I think it won't be a surprise if Fratello is invited in and has A percentage of say... ala Wilkens deal. The question is what will happen to our GM? Will Fratello be GM/Coach?

Or will it be something really Atlanta like and

Nique = President.

Fratello = GM.

Doc = Coach.

with all three having equal say?

This was typical. While the Los Angeles Lakers hug former players, the Hawks ignore them. You had the Doc Rivers fiasco. Long before he signed to do wonderful things with the Orlando Magic as coach, Rivers tried and failed to join the Hawks in some capacity. Explained Pete Babcock, the overmatched general manager at the time, "I knew he wanted to take my job someday."

Boy Pete really is a snake isn't he? He felt his job was

threaten...Big surprise, eh?