• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Outside of the box: Smith, Horford, Howard... and Engelland?

DatWerkk

I've all but given up on landing CP3, but who the heck knows what's going to happen with Dwight Howard. I'm not even sure I want the dude, but I was doing some thinking (outside of the box, of course!) and I came up with this scenario:Top PnR PG (I would say Rondo, but I don't think we can afford him)Deadeye shooter (Korver?)SmooveHorfordHowardWhy this will work: Chip Engelland."WHO??" most of you are probably thinking right now. He's a Spurs assistant, former Duke player, and the guy widely considered to be the greatest shooting coach in the game. He took Kawhi Leonard from a post player with no jumper to the 38% 3PT shooter you see today.So why does this Chip dude matter?Even all the Smoove haters out there would have to agree that a Howard-Horford-Smith frontcourt would be absolutely BEASTLY on defense. Problem is figuring out how to space the floor offensively. Josh loves his long jumpers but he's bad at them. Al has a pretty good midrange game but he needs to add a little more range to effectively spread the floor.Enter Chip Engelland. All y'all saw what a Splitter-Duncan-Leonard, Duncan-Diaw-Leonard, or Duncan-Leonard-Green defense did to the Heat. But the Spurs were able to make these lineups work offensively too because Green, Leonard, and even Diaw benefited from Engelland's coaching. Sign this dude away from the Spurs RIGHT DAMN NOW anf watch Josh's percentage jump from 30% to 33% to 35% to eventually the 38% range. It's not a big jump, but we don't NEED a big jump to make it work.Added bonus: Al finally gets that consistent three point shot he wants.Long shot for sure, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Guest Walter

I agree, with Paul saying he's signing with LAC, that resigning our own FAs including JS is about the only way we could tempt Howard. Well know soon. The best, worst perimeter shooting team in the league possible?HowardHorfordJSTyrekeRondo73-68 games here we come!W

With this coach, my question is, can he teach them to hit from the charity stripe?

Josh probably has around 65% lifetime average and struggled to keep within the

50% range last season.

He was quoted as saying, "One reason I missed so many was lack of concentration."

Bull feathers. Whether the Hawks won or lost many close games rode on the outcome

of the shooting free throws and he can't concentrate?

I've all but given up on landing CP3, but who the heck knows what's going to happen with Dwight Howard. I'm not even sure I want the dude, but I was doing some thinking (outside of the box, of course!) and I came up with this scenario:Top PnR PG (I would say Rondo, but I don't think we can afford him)Deadeye shooter (Korver?)SmooveHorfordHowardWhy this will work: Chip Engelland."WHO??" most of you are probably thinking right now. He's a Spurs assistant, former Duke player, and the guy widely considered to be the greatest shooting coach in the game. He took Kawhi Leonard from a post player with no jumper to the 38% 3PT shooter you see today.So why does this Chip dude matter?Even all the Smoove haters out there would have to agree that a Howard-Horford-Smith frontcourt would be absolutely BEASTLY on defense. Problem is figuring out how to space the floor offensively. Josh loves his long jumpers but he's bad at them. Al has a pretty good midrange game but he needs to add a little more range to effectively spread the floor.Enter Chip Engelland. All y'all saw what a Splitter-Duncan-Leonard, Duncan-Diaw-Leonard, or Duncan-Leonard-Green defense did to the Heat. But the Spurs were able to make these lineups work offensively too because Green, Leonard, and even Diaw benefited from Engelland's coaching. Sign this dude away from the Spurs RIGHT DAMN NOW anf watch Josh's percentage jump from 30% to 33% to 35% to eventually the 38% range. It's not a big jump, but we don't NEED a big jump to make it work.Added bonus: Al finally gets that consistent three point shot he wants.Long shot for sure, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Why would he leave San Antonio?

Why would he leave San Antonio?

Why would CMB leave San Antonio? Spurs connection. Engelland also has the Dook connection. New challenges, perhaps? Lord knows Josh would be a challenge!GM: Yep, Engelland is a free throw shooting genius too. Thanks for bringing that up. That's another way he could make our current guys better, more efficient contributors.