• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Robin Lopez

abeck11

Pelicans Trying To Unload Robin Lopez

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/07/pelicans-trying-to-unload-robin-lopez.html

I would like this guy as an alternative center. He would not obstruct any of Horfords offense and would be a banger in the paint. Basically a more athletic and skilled ZaZa. Younger guy with a cheap price.

Also I just want to see his hair and BeBe's hair team up to dominate the NBA.

Love the arguments people make on this board, just say no while not saying anything other than too much money. We need a defensive center that can rebound and take on opposing centers instead of just fouling them. Don't get me wrong, I love ZaZa and love what he brings off the bench, but he isn't ever going to be a scoring threat and basically is an enforcer. Al Horford is our scorer in the paint and he is also a decent passer so when he is taking that 15 footer and the opposing centers comes out to help defend, Al is good enough to pass inside or lob where Lopez would be easily able to finish. He's not a great center but he is a serviceable center that would allow Al to move to the 4.

Guest Walter

11/5.5/1.5 in 25 mins. These numbers in a 25 yr old with a short contract...He's worth that imo. Of note, he has a 7'5.5" span and 9'5" reach. W

Love the arguments people make on this board, just say no while not saying anything other than too much money. We need a defensive center that can rebound and take on opposing centers instead of just fouling them. Don't get me wrong, I love ZaZa and love what he brings off the bench, but he isn't ever going to be a scoring threat and basically is an enforcer. Al Horford is our scorer in the paint and he is also a decent passer so when he is taking that 15 footer and the opposing centers comes out to help defend, Al is good enough to pass inside or lob where Lopez would be easily able to finish. He's not a great center but he is a serviceable center that would allow Al to move to the 4.

Nope. And my money is on him being waived before July 5th. He is only $500k guaranteed before then. After then, his 2nd and 3rd year are fully guaranteed at around $5m. No one is going to pay him that.

He made the suggestion that Lopez would be considerably cheaper come the end of the week as in you wouldn't have to give up an asset and/or pay him 10 million over the next 2 years.