• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

UFC 166 - Dos Santos vs Velasquez III

EazyRoc

The main events epitomizes my problem with UFC. I was rooting for Velasquez, but I'd be lying if I didn't get tired of seeing him hug jds against the cage. Cormier is a heavyweight GSP so that fight was boring. HOWEVER, the Melendez fight was GREAT.

The main events epitomizes my problem with UFC. I was rooting for Velasquez, but I'd be lying if I didn't get tired of seeing him hug jds against the cage. Cormier is a heavyweight GSP so that fight was boring. HOWEVER, the Melendez fight was GREAT.

Cormier fight was boring but it's not because of him, it's because Roy Nelson is really only a one punch knockout fighter. Melendez fight was one of the best I've ever seen. The main event was great with so many big punches being thrown and both fighters getting cut but the thing that makes the fight amazing is the heart of Dos Santos. I know you're not really a UFC fan but this was a great war. I'm a Dos Santos fan and was pulling for him and for the 2nd straight fight between them I could barely sit down there was so much intensity.

Cormier fight was boring but it's not because of him, it's because Roy Nelson is really only a one punch knockout fighter. Melendez fight was one of the best I've ever seen. The main event was great with so many big punches being thrown and both fighters getting cut but the thing that makes the fight amazing is the heart of Dos Santos. I know you're not really a UFC fan but this was a great war. I'm a Dos Santos fan and was pulling for him and for the 2nd straight fight between them I could barely sit down there was so much intensity.

I'm a casual fan I do like the sport. I think Herb should have pulled the fight off the cage (really should have stopped the fight when Cain knocked him out). The last 4 rounds of the fight were predominantly on the cage. The first round was good, but JDS was gassed the rest of the fight.

I don't like the ref stopping the fight against a guy like JDS who's proven that he can heart it out and he did for quite a while in this fight while still having the threat of real knockout power and he stunned Cain a few times. But Cain is without question the best heavyweight the UFC has seen and he's just relentless. Dean could have tried taking them off the cage but it would have ended right back up there because of how strong Cain is. So far I've heard you say that you don't like ground and pound wrestling style and you don't like it when they are dirty boxing / struggling up against the cage so I'm guessing the only thing you like is when they're in the middle of the ring boxing? I happen to like the struggle and the ground game and that's why I prefer the UFC to boxing and it's not even close for me. That and the lack of any really interesting fights in boxing just killed my interest in the sport and I used to be a huge boxing fan.

I don't like the ref stopping the fight against a guy like JDS who's proven that he can heart it out and he did for quite a while in this fight while still having the threat of real knockout power and he stunned Cain a few times. But Cain is without question the best heavyweight the UFC has seen and he's just relentless. Dean could have tried taking them off the cage but it would have ended right back up there because of how strong Cain is. So far I've heard you say that you don't like ground and pound wrestling style and you don't like it when they are dirty boxing / struggling up against the cage so I'm guessing the only thing you like is when they're in the middle of the ring boxing? I happen to like the struggle and the ground game and that's why I prefer the UFC to boxing and it's not even close for me. That and the lack of any really interesting fights in boxing just killed my interest in the sport and I used to be a huge boxing fan.

I like ground and pound wrestling when its done to finish fights. I don't like when guys are wrestling to win on the scorecard. You can tell the difference. I don't hate any particular part of the sport, but overall I just don't like the lull or struggle as you describe it. JDS does have knockout power and could have came back with one punch, but man he looked drunk for the rest of the fight. It wasn't until the last round that he really started striking back.

I like ground and pound wrestling when its done to finish fights. I don't like when guys are wrestling to win on the scorecard. You can tell the difference. I don't hate any particular part of the sport, but overall I just don't like the lull or struggle as you describe it. JDS does have knockout power and could have came back with one punch, but man he looked drunk for the rest of the fight. It wasn't until the last round that he really started striking back.

He was very wobbly at several parts of the fight and looked completely out of it but it's a championship fight and maybe his last shot at it so I'm glad they didn't stop the fight and take that opportunity away from him.

That's a fair enough argument about not liking the takedowns to get something on the scorecard.