• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mario Hezonja

uga2006

I was looking at this kid's tape and out side of Wiggins,Parker,Smart and Randle this would be the guy I'd want the most. His offense is amazing at a young age. Obviously, there is still some concerns for him like weight/defense,etc. I'd be willing to bet he's on Ferry's radar with him being Euro so he's definitely someone I could see Ferry targeting and going after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su6TAa55N94

Edited by uga2006
  • Like 1

He's got all the tools but from what I've heard his attitude is horrendous. He's dropping to the middle of the first though and his talent-level is much higher than that. Considering he's a 6'7'' shooting guard I'd definitely be willing to pick him up.

Gary Harris is another guy who's slipping in some mocks and has some intriguing skills.

Edited by TheFuzz

He's got all the tools but from what I've heard his attitude is horrendous. He's dropping to the middle of the first though and his talent-level is much higher than that. Considering he's a 6'7'' shooting guard I'd definitely be willing to pick him up.

Gary Harris is another guy who's slipping in some mocks and has some intriguing skills.

I heard that about his attitude but I think as he gets older that will not be something of concern and I really don't see him acting like a prima donna with NBA players around him and knowing that the team isn't about him. Wasn't attitude an issue with Rubio as well? Being that were the hawks I'm sure we will get screwed come draft time as usual but with us needing a SG he looks like the best bet.

I heard that about his attitude but I think as he gets older that will not be something of concern and I really don't see him acting like a prima donna with NBA players around him and knowing that the team isn't about him. Wasn't attitude an issue with Rubio as well? Being that were the hawks I'm sure we will get screwed come draft time as usual but with us needing a SG he looks like the best bet.

Hopefully he checks out. I'm pretty sure Rubio never really had an attitude issue. Motiejunas apparently did but he seems fine over in Houston, so it's certainly possible Bud and Horford whip Hezonja into shape.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if you are following him but he is having some good games and he has broken some records. I would really like him too, good size, talent, and a Barcelona's player haha. But i think he won't be in the 2014draft, I think he will chose 2015.

Mmmm I would say Rubio has never had problems with his attitude. And I have followed his career since he was 16...

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Wow. They destroyed that team.

He's shooting around 40% from the 3. His numbers and minutes are down from previous seasons. Maybe that's because he's playing on the senior team? Not sure how Euroball works.

From Draft Express:

Strengths:

-Terrific size, frame and athleticism for a wing prospect

-Can make shots from anywhere on the court, with feet set, off the dribble, and with a hand in his face

-Creates separation from defender very well and has excellent shooting mechanics

-Very good in transition

-Can beat man off the dribble in half-court with excellent first step, and then finish over the top of the defense

-Shows intriguing court vision, especially off the pick and roll. Threads needle to diving cutters with bounce passes for layups

Weaknesses:

-Looked disconnected mentally from his teammates, and from the game in general. Constantly talking to opponents. Seems to lack focus on the court

-Struggles operating within a team concept. Only really looks comfortable in isolation or pick and roll settings

-Goes too many possessions where he dribbles the ball incessantly and then settles for a contested pull-up jumper

-Needs to improve ball-handling skills in half-court. Doesn't change speeds or directions. If can't simply blow by his man, immediately pulls up off the dribble

-Struggles defensively off the ball. Shows poor awareness

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz3QYW5l2Wr

http://www.draftexpress.com

Sounds like a talented player, but I don't see him fitting in to what we are trying to do. If we get a chance to pick in the lottery, we'll have better options.

Wow. They destroyed that team.

He's shooting around 40% from the 3. His numbers and minutes are down from previous seasons. Maybe that's because he's playing on the senior team? Not sure how Euroball works.

From Draft Express:

Strengths:

-Terrific size, frame and athleticism for a wing prospect

-Can make shots from anywhere on the court, with feet set, off the dribble, and with a hand in his face

-Creates separation from defender very well and has excellent shooting mechanics

-Very good in transition

-Can beat man off the dribble in half-court with excellent first step, and then finish over the top of the defense

-Shows intriguing court vision, especially off the pick and roll. Threads needle to diving cutters with bounce passes for layups

Weaknesses:

-Looked disconnected mentally from his teammates, and from the game in general. Constantly talking to opponents. Seems to lack focus on the court

-Struggles operating within a team concept. Only really looks comfortable in isolation or pick and roll settings

-Goes too many possessions where he dribbles the ball incessantly and then settles for a contested pull-up jumper

-Needs to improve ball-handling skills in half-court. Doesn't change speeds or directions. If can't simply blow by his man, immediately pulls up off the dribble

-Struggles defensively off the ball. Shows poor awareness

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz3QYW5l2Wr

http://www.draftexpress.com

Sounds like a talented player, but I don't see him fitting in to what we are trying to do. If we get a chance to pick in the lottery, we'll have better options.

He's playing with the first team against some of the best teams in Europe, with a coach who hardly gives young players time and is very conservative. He is an incredible talent. Must be a lottery pick, fits the system.

When I say that he doesn't fit, I'm speaking more of attitude than style. From everything I've read about the kid, he's a poor teammate who's team usually plays better when he's on the bench. Maybe that's just immaturity that can be overcome with age. You are from Spain so would know better about his recent play/attitude as I'm just reading reports.

But I'd prefer someone like Justise Winslow who's a very good defender, elite athlete, who gives 100% every time on the court. Or a Kevon Looney who has a high ceiling offensively and can protect the rim with his length. I might risk him if the other elite wings are off the table (Johnson, Oubre, Porzingis, Winslow, Looney)

When I say that he doesn't fit, I'm speaking more of attitude than style. From everything I've read about the kid, he's a poor teammate who's team usually plays better when he's on the bench. Maybe that's just immaturity that can be overcome with age. You are from Spain so would know better about his recent play/attitude as I'm just reading reports.

But I'd prefer someone like Justise Winslow who's a very good defender, elite athlete, who gives 100% every time on the court. Or a Kevon Looney who has a high ceiling offensively and can protect the rim with his length. I might risk him if the other elite wings are off the table (Johnson, Oubre, Porzingis, Winslow, Looney)

I don't know who says it but I have never seen that he is a bad teammate or any bad attitude.

Yeah, there will be good college players for sure. Just take the best. This staff has showed that knows to evaluate talent.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

To sum up, he is the best player on his team right now and in one of the most important games in the season his coach doesn't give him a single minute in the 4th quarter after they reached today's final thanks to him yesterday.

Come on...

Edited by Ebert

To sum up, he is the best player on his team right now and in one of the most important games in the season his coach doesn't give him a single minute in the 4th quarter after they reached today's final thanks to him yesterday.

Come on...

Thanks for the update. Has he come out and send anything about the situation?

Thanks for the update. Has he come out and send anything about the situation?

He just said that they lost because the other team was better and they have to focus now on the next game. He is a disciplined guy.

As a Barcelona fan I'm really disappointed.

Even if JC Navarro has been the best player in Barcelona's history, he is no longer that great. Hezonja should have played at the end.

Anyway I'm confident Barcelona will win at least one title this year.