• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If the Hawks get a Nets lottery pick discussion...

Kimsey

If we get the pick I hope the Hawks spend time evaluating all players. I have already started in depth evaluation that have led me to see that Marcus Smart is a very inefficient player in comparison to the guards that have come out of college in the last 5 years that are now starters in the NBA. Which leads me to think that he will not be a star but a player who will be asked to take a reduced role.

I suggest you guys do some study before making some of these claims about players.

Huh, Smart is a beast who is going to be a star in the NBA Day 1.

He's a PG to me. He has good enough PG skills to go with his dominate physical tools for the PG position.

He is a player who can be a top 5 PG within two years.

I prefer Wiggins over Parker for the Hawks.

I like Wiggins two way ability, his ability to play intelligent Basketball, his efficiency, his off the ball offense and his defense. His out of this worth athletic ability makes him my #2 prospect overall.

• Like 1

Disagree that you know what you are getting. People are throwing out names like Wade and Harden so they obviously have not looked in-depth on the guy. People are too caught up in trying to compare players instead of analyzing them.

Analyzing normally leads to comparisons.....that's just kind of how it works. Smart has some great things in his game but weak spots as well, his weaknesses are a lil more visible than the other top guys in the draft but he is still a top prospect. Defensively the guy looks top notch, he has great size, not the best athlete but not subpar either. He's a bit if a tweener but shows the "want" to be a pg....I believe he will do the work needed to excel at that position. Don't want him tho, doesn't feel that he addresses any of our most pressing needs. He's a luxury pick and I'm not interested in that. I want Parker but being realistic we will probably end up with randle or Gordon. Don't see us being able to nag embiid, wiggins, or Parker. I SSSSSOOOOOOOO hope I'm wrong tho. Brooklyn needs to take another hit....still hoping

Wiggins, Parker and Embiid are the only (potentially) transcendent talents as of now IMO. If we don't get top 3, I trust we can make a solid draft out of it otherwise. Exum I have extremely mixed feelings about otherwise. Part of me thinks he can be Harden. The other part of me thinks he'll bust like no tomorrow.

• Like 1

Wiggins, Parker and Embiid are the only (potentially) transcendent talents as of now IMO. If we don't get top 3, I trust we can make a solid draft out of it otherwise. Exum I have extremely mixed feelings about otherwise. Part of me thinks he can be Harden. The other part of me thinks he'll bust like no tomorrow.

Harden???

I am not sure any of these are transcendent talents. Embiid and Wiggins could be. I don't see it with Parker. I actually think Exum and Smart are unique.

Harden??? I am not sure any of these are transcendent talents. Embiid and Wiggins could be. I don't see it with Parker. I actually think Exum and Smart are unique.

I see your point about Embiid and Wiggins. After reading a bit about his background, it would take a lot to convince me not to take him first if I were a GM. A writer at Bleacher report felt his floor could be Hibbert. Wiggins just doesn't show enough on the offensive side for me to take him first.

I see your point about Embiid and Wiggins. After reading a bit about his background, it would take a lot to convince me not to take him first if I were a GM. A writer at Bleacher report felt his floor could be Hibbert. Wiggins just doesn't show enough on the offensive side for me to take him first.

Hibbert is not his floor, his floor is worse than that but not a bad player either. Just a decent one. His 2nd year could be scary good like A. Davis.

I like Wiggins offensive game. Better than I thought it would be from watching him in HS.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

What does wiggins do offensively that has impressed you? I haven't seen anything from him at all. I get that he's athletic but don't see much else from him as far as skills go. He's actually pretty limited to me right now.

What does wiggins do offensively that has impressed you? I haven't seen anything from him at all. I get that he's athletic but don't see much else from him as far as skills go. He's actually pretty limited to me right now.

Off the ball ability, shooting touch, his range, his efficiency, when he does drive he is rarely stopped, his ability to post up. I like a lot. If he has more unstoppable skills at the next level compared to the college level. Space is more open in the NBA and it will highlight his strengths. While he is nowhere as skilled as Parker on this level, I think the NBA will close them and Wiggins will surpass Parker impact wise on offense. On defense, it's not close, Wiggins by a mile.

Hibbert is not his floor, his floor is worse than that but not a bad player either. Just a decent one. His 2nd year could be scary good like A. Davis. I like Wiggins offensive game. Better than I thought it would be from watching him in HS.

Perhaps I'm overusing the term floor, but otherwise do agree with you. The question is however, will he declare?
  • Like 1

Defensively I agree that wiggins is better but like I said in a previous post Parker is getting better and that will more than likely continue with him being under Coach K. Don't love wiggins shooting touch nor do I like his aggressiveness. He is passive on the floor and seems to just be in his nature to be that way. My best friend is a professor at KU and before the season wa telling me how the kid seemed distant, walked around with his head down and things of that nature....didn't think much I it before the year started but after watching him it seems that he just ha a passive nature on the floor as well. Maybe he can build that aggressiveness a lil more as he develops but a guy being taken that high is a risk I don't want to take.

Defensively I agree that wiggins is better but like I said in a previous post Parker is getting better and that will more than likely continue with him being under Coach K. Don't love wiggins shooting touch nor do I like his aggressiveness. He is passive on the floor and seems to just be in his nature to be that way. My best friend is a professor at KU and before the season wa telling me how the kid seemed distant, walked around with his head down and things of that nature....didn't think much I it before the year started but after watching him it seems that he just ha a passive nature on the floor as well. Maybe he can build that aggressiveness a lil more as he develops but a guy being taken that high is a risk I don't want to take.

His aggressiveness is an issue, if he would play every minute like the last 5 mins, he wouldn't be questioned. I agree, it is an issue. We have experienced Marvin Williams but then again, he can be aggressive and shown he is when stakes are at it highest. Of course, the greats have this confidence that I don't always see in Wiggins. I do have issues about him. But I have more issues about Parker.

Perhaps I'm overusing the term floor, but otherwise do agree with you. The question is however, will he declare?

Million dollar question literally.

Huh, Smart is a beast who is going to be a star in the NBA Day 1.

He's a PG to me. He has good enough PG skills to go with his dominate physical tools for the PG position.

He is a player who can be a top 5 PG within two years.

I prefer Wiggins over Parker for the Hawks.

I like Wiggins two way ability, his ability to play intelligent Basketball, his efficiency, his off the ball offense and his defense. His out of this worth athletic ability makes him my #2 prospect overall.

Yeah, he is a PG who is even less efficient at playing the position in college than Teague, a player you hate. Once again, you would benefit from honest assessment. The only way Smart is a star in the NBA is if he helps redefine a position like Westbrook. Smart is not extremely athletic nor fast, does not shoot it as well as most recent guards that are currently starters. There is absolutely nothing in this guy that will redefine the PG nor SG positions. When the so-called professional scouts and draft boards start to post these type of studies you will acknowledge the truth then.

A player with the highest usage rate and one of the lowest efficiency ratings in your database should give you pause

Edited by MrMeltdown

Yeah, he is a PG who is even less efficient at playing the position in college than Teague, a player you hate. Once again, you would benefit from honest assessment. The only way Smart is a star in the NBA is if he helps redefine a position like Westbrook. Smart is not extremely athletic nor fast, does not shoot it as well as most recent guards that are currently starters. There is absolutely nothing in this guy that will redefine the PG nor SG positions. When the so-called professional scouts and draft boards start to post these type of studies you will acknowledge the truth then.

A player with the highest usage rate and one of the lowest efficiency ratings in your database should give you pause

You and your lies. His efficiency as a freshman equaled Jeff's as a Soph. His efficiency as a Soph is killing Jeff's. Please be honest.

You have attacked me for several weeks and have been wrong every single time and then you accuse me of not having an honest opinion.

Jeff's best WS/40 was 7.7

Smart is 10.9 and freshman year was 8.7.

Not to mention Smart draws an elite 6.5 FTA as well as elite rebounding for a PG at 5.8. Doubled Jeff in steals and assists all while playing 3 less minutes a game.

Keep on trolling my friend. We all know Smart jump shot is what he needs to work on. He has the form. It's only a matter if he is like MCW with it or Wroten with it. That will decide if he's a top 10 PG as a rookie or just a decent starting level PG like Raymond Felton or Pat Beverly as a rookie.

His aggressiveness is an issue, if he would play every minute like the last 5 mins, he wouldn't be questioned. I agree, it is an issue. We have experienced Marvin Williams but then again, he can be aggressive and shown he is when stakes are at it highest. Of course, the greats have this confidence that I don't always see in Wiggins. I do have issues about him. But I have more issues about Parker. Million dollar question literally.

I feel ya, i like wiggins but that lack of aggression gives me pause. I wouldn't be upset at all if we ended up with him but just would prefer Parker over him. To each his own....good debate tho

You and your lies. His efficiency as a freshman equaled Jeff's as a Soph. His efficiency as a Soph is killing Jeff's. Please be honest.

You have attacked me for several weeks and have been wrong every single time and then you accuse me of not having an honest opinion.

Jeff's best WS/40 was 7.7

Smart is 10.9 and freshman year was 8.7.

Not to mention Smart draws an elite 6.5 FTA as well as elite rebounding for a PG at 5.8. Doubled Jeff in steals and assists all while playing 3 less minutes a game.

Keep on trolling my friend. We all know Smart jump shot is what he needs to work on. He has the form. It's only a matter if he is like MCW with it or Wroten with it. That will decide if he's a top 10 PG as a rookie or just a decent starting level PG like Raymond Felton or Pat Beverly as a rookie.

I am not attacking you. I am stating facts. http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?add=jeff-teague&i=1&jeff-teague=2007-2008&marcus-smart=2012-2013&p1=marcus-smart

That is the site I used. I compared him to 26 other players not just Teague as freshmen. I will give you the 26 players I compared to if you like.

Don't know if this is relevant, but I think Smart's attitude needs to be considered. That is to say, he's a winner. The few articles I've read have had noting but positive things to say about his character. I think him staying an extra year at OK State is a testament to that. I think he will make it because he will put the work in to improve himself from where he is now.

I don't watch enough college basketball to discuss each player specifically, but if what I've read and some of you have posted about this being " a once in a lifetime draft with future HOFs and All-Stars and franchise changers blah blah blah " would it really matter who we select as long as it's a SF or C?

I don't watch enough college basketball to discuss each player specifically, but if what I've read and some of you have posted about this being " a once in a lifetime draft with future HOFs and All-Stars and franchise changers blah blah blah " would it really matter who we select as long as it's a SF or C?

Yes it matters lol. You have to remember that a great as that 03 draft class was it really was only about 5 guys that made an impact....now those guys are absolute beasts but it wasn't very many of them. I don't just want a good player from this, I don't just want an allstar, I want a franchise changer. This class is talked about like this bc you have guys at the top of the class who can eventually be just as good as those guys in 03 (except Lebron of course) but there may be even more of them. We desperately need one and we have a great opportunity in front if us...I couldn't be happier. I can say that I don't want Gordon, Smart, Exum, or Stein....I'll be ok with it if that's who we end up with but that's not what I want. Parker, Wiggins, and Embiid are the end all be all for me, I'll throw in Randle just for the heck of it but not crazy about him on THIS TEAM either. Great player but not really a need for us. So yeah it matters