• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ownership rumor

macdaddy

• Moderators

I'm not sure you can claim RDA with an agreement to sell in place, which was my point.

Strange, this agreement was announced at the start of the new year. I wonder why.

With our M&A activity, we routinely pick closing dates based on tax consequences.  Changes in tax status are typically triggered by closing of a deal and not an agreement in principle to sell because the sale may fall through.

• Moderators

I'm not going to dig into the RDA and other issues with respect to sports franchises, so maybe you're right. But the announcement was made on pretty much the first day an announcement could be made in 2015. Yeah, I guess there could be other issues. I think the idea that Gearon was holding this up and then had a coming to senses over New Years to then agree is a bit ridiculous. Now if we're talking about Rutherford, then that could be the case...

Not sure what is driving the timing. I just seriously doubt they have been holding off on deals because of 2014/2015 tax issues. More likely the ASG is their normal dysfunctional selves and that has slowed things down. Certainly the conflicting reports today don't seem like they have things sorted out.

• Like 1